Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 16-04-2011 , 03:32 AM

detail part of phone

Greetings everyone, Recently i doing video by using maya modeling phone then i want decompose every single part of phone. in order can show in video in different direction at the end it will combine all part of the phone.i facing a problem which i duno inner part of phone and all the website i did search yet couldn't find it.pls guide me tq.

# 2 16-04-2011 , 09:04 AM
The thin red line
Why not get a old phone and take it apart (dont do this to new phones....LOL)......dave

# 3 16-04-2011 , 10:23 AM
Lifetime Member

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 4 16-04-2011 , 03:39 PM
tq bullet1968 do u have some sort of tutorial abt it?
dave i have one phone onlyuser added image

# 5 16-04-2011 , 09:13 PM
Administrator
Hi omegaend,
I just noticed you had three threads in the WIP forum which didn't contain any actual work in progress so I moved them here to the basics lounge. Please post in work in progress when you have already started a project as this forum is intended for feedback on your work, not to ask questions about how you should make it.

When you have these type of questions, please post them in the relevant forum (modeling, lighting etc.) or in the newbie and basics lounge if you're not sure where they belong.

Thanks,
Nilla

# 6 17-04-2011 , 01:51 AM
Lifetime Member
No I dont have a tutorial on a phone mate.....google it. Like I said mate it will also depend on what phone you actually want to make?? a modern one, a mobile, or an old bakelite...which is as old as me LOL....looking at your query..I would ask how much Maya have you done? It appears (sorry mate the syntax is hard..English isnt your native tongue?) you want to make a phone and animate it to come together...so starts with parts then the phone gets put together?

This will depend on how good your skills in Maya are...if you have just started this will be a difficult project for you....and if you havent done much modelling maybe just try the phone itself without modelling the inside parts for now. as an old bakelite will only have about 5 main peices this will get you into the mood.

Have a look at these

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=ba...w=1440&bih=683

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 7 17-04-2011 , 02:10 AM
soli bullet 1968, my bad english. i am complete modeling a phone(is like self design smart phone)
soli Miss Nilla, i'll post on the right forum.

# 8 17-04-2011 , 07:09 AM
Administrator
No problem omegaend, I just mentioned it because the WIP section contains thumbnail images for work and starts to look messy without.

What you are looking for if you want to make a detailed inside of a mobile phone are the blueprints which i can almost guarantee you will not be available on the internet as they'll be protected. Here's the best link i can find and it's only photographic refs.
https://www.the-blueprints.com/blueprints/phones/

Why don't you make a clip phone instead, then you can animate the rotation for open and close. It will be more interesting, because the inside bits of a mobile phone are quite ugly, that's why you never see ads of the animated assembly I think.

Attached Images