Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 19-04-2011 , 10:16 AM

Questions

Hello everyone,

I would like to ask a question..

How you Judge that an Image is done in Maya software or Mental ray?user added image

# 2 19-04-2011 , 05:33 PM
SM Tea Boy
Quick answer you can't, I've seen people do things in Maya software that i would swear contained GI, but no. If the person is good enough you can fake just about anything.

Dave

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 3 20-04-2011 , 09:36 AM
But if i am making a scene n i have render in depth map shadow then is that scene called in maya software scene and at the same point i am rendering in Maya software n i use a raytraced shadow then its called mental ray scene.

Its depend on the shadow is that?

# 4 20-04-2011 , 10:01 AM
Super Moderator

But if i am making a scene n i have render in depth map shadow then is that scene called in maya software scene and at the same point i am rendering in Maya software n i use a raytraced shadow then its called mental ray scene.

Its depend on the shadow is that?

No, the shadow type has nothing to do with it. Mental Ray and Maya software renderer are two completely different engines. Like Maxwell Renderer is different from Renderman, Vray, Indigo, FinalRender, Brazil etc.

- Genny
# 5 20-04-2011 , 10:11 AM
i am making scene in maya software and i use ray-traced shadows.Then we called it a mental ray scene?? because the ray-traced shadows is used only in mental ray.

And the Depth map shadow is for Maya software. I am confused with this that's why i am asking again.user added image

# 6 20-04-2011 , 10:27 AM
SM Tea Boy
Both mental ray and Maya sortware can use both types of shadows.

David

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 7 20-04-2011 , 11:21 AM
Thanks David n Gect for helping me..user added image

one more question can you tell me any site where i can find good low poly organic models.
I have search on Google but didn't find the best result.:/

# 8 21-04-2011 , 04:30 AM
Events Team at Wargaming.net
I would suggest buying a low poly model tutorial from here if you can