Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 15-05-2011 , 03:06 PM

When Maya keeps crashing?

What do you do when Maya keeps crashing?

I am currently using Maya 2012. I have lowered the resolution on my screen, turned off anti-aliasing and third buffering on graphics card control panel. I have an i7 with 4gb ram and 9600gt graphics card.

I can not render my model. It seems like I was having more luck rendering the model when I was using Maya 2010.

# 2 15-05-2011 , 03:36 PM
Level 32 pachyderm

What do you do when Maya keeps crashing?

Know that you're using the right software user added image
Maya doesn't like a lot of things. For me it's always been surface shaders that set it off....

# 3 16-05-2011 , 07:44 PM
Subscriber
I've noticed that if you batch render you scene instead of using the render option, you are significantly less likely to crash. It takes a bit longer, but I've had much btter results with the batch render option.

Also, always always always save before rendering. Even if you save the file to a "test" file if you are trying something new, its a better option then losing work.