Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 18-05-2011 , 02:40 PM

Keep animation after deleting deformer

Hello,

I created a school of fish, and animated them by creating a curve and attaching the meshes to the curve by using the Wiretool. I modified the curve and saved the keyframes, the meshes moved like the curve's CV's would. Then I tried keyframing every mesh, as they all move around and stretch a bit now and then, but when I now delete the deformer (curve with Wiretool used on it) the meshes are reset to their default position, and when I press play on the animation bar the meshes just stand still. How do I delete the deformer without deleting the animation. So how can I keep the meshes moving like they would with the deformer. Like stated before I keyframed the meshes individually.

SOLVED: Apperantly I do not have to delete the actual deformer in order to export the mesh including the animation succefully to an FBX2010.

Last edited by Stannoman; 18-05-2011 at 02:45 PM.