Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 17-06-2011 , 07:32 AM

Need some help...

Hey guys,

Been searching the net for a couple days now, trying to find some answers. Day 8 now, and still no progress so I thought I'd join your forum and ask here. I've almost run out of time on my deadline.

Here's the problem:

I have a scene open with my main object. It's on the Z scale and it's very large.

I have another pre-made object. I need to get this object to match my main object. However, there aren't scaling or orientation import options, so...

My imported object is on the Y scale, and it's very small.

That's the problem, I'm trying to get the imported object to realign to the Z scale, then match it's size with my main object. I'm aware of scale and rotate tools but it's been very hard trying to pinpoint the details.

I could really use some help on this, I'm at wits end.

Sorry by all this I mean:

Object A is 100 scale on the Z axis File01.scene
Object B is 1 scale on the Y axis File02.scene

I'm trying to match B's morphs to A's config. I want Object B in it's own file to be realigned to Z axis, then scaled to match and fit A's proportions.

Thanks,

Last edited by DavidR; 17-06-2011 at 08:45 AM.
# 2 17-06-2011 , 07:59 AM
The thin red line
Not sure if this is what you want, if you freeze transformation on a object this should bring into maya world space..........dave