Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 29-06-2011 , 12:37 PM
Simply Maya OG

NFL Team Logos

I'm not sure how many are familiar with the NFL here in the states, but...I'm doing this project to sort of get me back into the swing of things in Maya before I start up school (luckily my school uses Maya). Eventually I'd like to do all 32 teams, but we'll see how far I end up getting. So far I have a few done... Let me know what you guys think! Once I get all 32 teams completed, I'll somehow composite them into one big scene somehow. user added image

Oh, and here are the teams, in order that I have them listed.

Arizona Cardinals
Indianapolis Colts
New Orleans Saints
Houston Texans

Next up I'm working on the Atlanta Falcons. Any requests after that? :lol:

Attached Thumbnails

- Hybrid

Last edited by I-Iybrid; 07-07-2011 at 12:37 PM.
# 2 29-06-2011 , 12:53 PM
Subscriber
nice. nice and clean. im aware of nfl, but know basketball a little better of the big american sports. is it the colts who won the superbowl this year? im a football fan, arsenal supporter, and we've just been taken control of by stan kroenke, who has some 'franchises' in american sport....not sure if he's involved in nfl...

anyway, good luck with all 32.

if kroenke does have a 'team', i request that, or the miami dolphins as i used to have some miami dolphins pyjamas. or los angeles...is it the 'raiders'? as ive been there and thats whos pyjamas my brother had. i was always a bit jealous of his cool black while mine were green and orange user added image

Last edited by ben hobden; 29-06-2011 at 12:58 PM.
# 3 29-06-2011 , 01:19 PM
Simply Maya OG
The Green Bay Packers won this past year, the year before it was the Saints, then before that it was the Colts. You're about 3 years behind, Ben. lol

I've been putting the Raiders one off because doing the face part of the logo is going to be abit tougher. One of my buddies is a Dallas Cowboys fan, and he's already requested them, so after I do the Falcons, and Cowboys, I'll do up the Dolphins.

Oh, and the Raiders are now in Oakland. Los Angeles doesnt have an NFL team. Just NHL, NBA and MLS.

EDIT: Stan Kroenke owns the St. Louis Rams in the NFL.

- Hybrid
# 4 29-06-2011 , 01:35 PM
Subscriber
3 years. ha ha. whoops.

the rams, right.

youre going back 20 odd years to those pyjamas. its a bit strange how not all the states have a team.

# 5 29-06-2011 , 01:41 PM
Simply Maya OG
Without getting into it too much, NFL 'awards' teams to cities by demographics, population, etc.

I'll see about getting the Rams done up soon, too.

- Hybrid
# 6 29-06-2011 , 02:15 PM
The Nurb Herd
do some renders and an animation... also do a Seahawks one. user added image

# 7 01-07-2011 , 12:05 PM
Simply Maya OG
Dom, these are renders. Just simple colored Anistrophical (how ever it's spelled..lol), and rendered out for now. I have a few ideas for back sets for them. user added image

Here's a few more. Atlanta Falcons, and Dallas Cowboys. And I also updated the Colts one as well. IMO it looks 100x better than before.

Attached Thumbnails

- Hybrid
# 8 06-07-2011 , 01:09 PM
Simply Maya OG
Got some more done guys.

San Fransisco 49ers
Chicago Bears
NY Giants
Detroit Lions
St. Louis Rams
Green Bay Packers
Seattle Seahawks

Attached Thumbnails

- Hybrid
# 9 06-07-2011 , 02:08 PM
Subscriber
What happened to the dolphins? The rams and seahawks look cool.

# 10 06-07-2011 , 02:23 PM
Simply Maya OG
Thought you requested Kroenke's team? Which would be the Rams. Don't worry though, Dolphins are coming up soon though. Up next are the Bengals, Eagles, and Raiders. In no particular order, though. After those three, I'll get on the Dolphins.

- Hybrid
# 11 06-07-2011 , 04:21 PM
Subscriber
yes, you're right. I guess I requested several, which was pretty greedy of me.

Did like the Rams. Some of them are more interesting in design than others arent they... animals/living creatures compared to symbols/letters.

# 12 06-07-2011 , 07:02 PM
Simply Maya OG
Don't worry about the whole being greedy thing. In due time all the teams will be done. It's all good. user added image

How do I change the main picture on the main WIP forum? I see other people's threads have images, alas mine does not.

- Hybrid
# 13 06-07-2011 , 09:31 PM
Subscriber
Im not sure. I thought Id read that it takes the first picture you post by default. But why it hasn't taken yours I don't know. Maybe try editing your original post and re-upload the images???

# 14 07-07-2011 , 07:24 AM
Lifetime Member
I-Iybrid....nice mate!! like...dont follow American sports..though I dont mind the 'Bowl' game..I get too confused as Im an Aussie rules and Rugby man...so when everyone stops and starts I kinda get annoyed. It doesnt seem to have a flow to me....but I dont get it so I wont comment too much LOL. I think maybe because you have 3 images in the first part of the thread?? if you narrow it down to one with an edit it may come up as the icon? It would be good to see these place around (on skin) of a footy mate...that would look cool.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 15 07-07-2011 , 12:40 PM
Simply Maya OG
Ok so I tried having only one picture, but that didnt work. I think SM just doesnt like me. lol

bullet, not quite sure what you mean when you said

It would be good to see these place around (on skin) of a footy mate...that would look cool.

Perhaps rewording it might help? Us Americans have trouble understanding Aussie's accents. user added image

- Hybrid