Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 25-07-2011 , 04:11 PM
Subscriber

Lattice problems

Hey everyone.

Since I have some problems with the tutorials here. (only because im all new to maya) I thought It would be better if I bought a book so I could learn all the basics before I continue my simply maya tutorial.

As I work my way through the book, (We're making a space marine) this problem occur. Im tryin to bend my shoulder armor over the shoulder of my space marine using the lattice tool as the book says. But noting happens. And if I pull the shoulder armor upwards, way over the head of my model I can bend and shape it. Why is this? Anyone who knows?

Anyways. I wanna thank you all at this site for all the help I've gotten so far.
Thanks a bunch to you all.

Skymarshall

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 25-07-2011 , 04:23 PM
The thin red line
Are you selecting the mesh in object mode then creating the deformer..........dave

# 3 25-07-2011 , 05:09 PM
Subscriber
I've tried now. And you are right. Can't belive I missed that. Thanks a bunch mate user added image