Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 29-07-2011 , 04:19 AM
Acid44

Scaling to exact 1:1 from random sizes?

I'm sure there's a simple way, that needs to be 1:1 scale with the real life equivalent in the end. How could I go about scaling it?

All I can think of is figuring out how wide/tall it is now and doing the math to get how much to scale it up, but it's at a random size right now cause of the blueprints. Also, don't trust myself to do that properly... Either that or set up a measure tool to the length it needs to be and then scale it up till it matches, also wouldn't be accurate though.

Halps? user added image

# 2 29-07-2011 , 04:55 AM
Is on blueprint written the scale.. like 1:10 or 1:5,,.. ?
if it is anything like that.. it can be really easy..

Maybe if you show the blueprints someone can help...

# 3 29-07-2011 , 05:39 AM
Acid44
Can't show the blueprints because what I'm working on is under an NDA, but no, on the blueprints it doesn't show the scale anyways

# 4 29-07-2011 , 08:31 AM
Lifetime Member
depends what it is mate....if its a vehicle then get dimensions off the net...set your grid up in inches or TRUE measurement...METRIC!!....then you subdivide your gris to the required dimensions...for a car then make the wheels size need and the body just a block in the right size and use it as a template.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 5 29-07-2011 , 01:47 PM
Lifetime Member
I have found 3 ways to do this as Maya has no real measure specific tools. PM me and I will help you mate

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes