Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 04-08-2011 , 12:40 PM

University in the US for MA in 3D modelling?

I plan to come to the US for an MA after I finish with my University here and my military service. I am particularly interested in 3D game art and that's the area I want to work on.
However, the only university I had found (Academy of Art) turned out to be very poorly reviewed in various rating sites. When I sent them an email asking about various things the reviewers were complaining about, they became very aggressive and said that if I am to trust random review sites I should just forget the idea of MA in AoA.

The first ever university I learnt about was DeVry, but I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to apply for information.

I guess some of the users here are doing MA's in 3D/Game art so I'd like to ask for your experiences on the various US universities that offer such MA programs.

# 2 04-08-2011 , 01:56 PM
The Nurb Herd
if you are going to spend all that cash, why not think about Vancouver Film School?

# 3 07-08-2011 , 05:50 PM
Well is it good regarding my interest? I am certainly migrating to America for my MA, and I'm just making a trail of thought here.

(although it does seem good, but so did AoA)

# 4 16-08-2011 , 07:25 AM
Subscriber
I looked into it a while ago but I think the University of Hawaii at Manoa has a degree program for movie/animators I'm fairly sure they have a BS degree and might have an MA. I stopped looking once I realized that I wouldn't be able to attend any of the classes. user added image

I don't know how reviewed they are or if its what you're looking for it might be another option. Here'sa link to their Academy of Creative Media site.

https://www.catalog.hawaii.edu/course...tments/acm.htm

~To create a new world through the imagination
# 5 16-08-2011 , 08:55 AM

if you are going to spend all that cash, why not think about Vancouver Film School?

Actually, I'm kinda thinking about that. But it seems they don't offer a MA, but rather a BA in the relevant field. Certainly, a specialization is better than a progression of certificates though...and you also make a showreel and portfolio there. Interesting.

I looked into it a while ago but I think the University of Hawaii at Manoa has a degree program for movie/animators I'm fairly sure they have a BS degree and might have an MA. I stopped looking once I realized that I wouldn't be able to attend any of the classes. user added image

I don't know how reviewed they are or if its what you're looking for it might be another option. Here'sa link to their Academy of Creative Media site.

https://www.catalog.hawaii.edu/course...tments/acm.htm

I did browse through their webpage, and I must say, although the course seems amazing, the University does a bad job representing itself in their webpage. Thumbs down for a boring and non-user-friendly website.