Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 15-07-2011 , 12:05 AM

--VOTING-- Character contest @Mixamo.com $$$Cash Prizes$$$

===============================================
VOTING HAS BEGUN: Contest Voting
===============================================

Prizes :

1st place: $1,000 cash and 50 Mixamo Credits + Annual design3 membership ($179.95 value) + professionally generated render and animation of your character

2nd place: $500 cash and 30 Mixamo Credits + 6 Month design3 membership ($99.95 value)

3rd place: $300 cash and 15 Mixamo Credits + 3 month design3 membership ($59.85 value)

user added image
user added image

Last edited by mixamo; 30-08-2011 at 12:18 AM. Reason: Prizes update ! Moar Prizes !!!
# 2 15-07-2011 , 06:02 AM
Head of 3d Admedia
Sounds pretty cool

# 3 15-07-2011 , 01:38 PM
The Nurb Herd
umm what?

2. Put you character file (obj or fbx) into a folder with your textures and zip it.

hahaha, no thanks.

will that be 1000 Zimbabwean dollars?

# 4 15-07-2011 , 07:56 PM
Acid44
Sounds a little sketchy

# 5 15-07-2011 , 09:05 PM

No, 378707 Zimbabwean dollars, or just $1000 USD in either Paypal or Check format, whichever you prefer. The goal of the contest is to find a modeler who can not only provide some amazing promotion material but also perhaps be someone we can contract in the future. The models you send fall under our confidentiality TOS: https://www.mixamo.com/home/legal
Terms 2 and 3 cover all your rights to protected Data.

It's no different than uploading to the website, which people do all the time, from large companies to small Indie Devs.

Sounds a little sketchy

We are quite the opposite. Again see the Terms of Service for more information, we promote the winners as much as they help us. It is a very mutually beneficial contest.

Last edited by mixamo; 15-07-2011 at 09:11 PM.
# 6 16-07-2011 , 06:42 PM
Head of 3d Admedia

hahaha looks legit to me though

100000000 Zimbabwean dollars = 1 kenya shilling

I left their inflation at some crazy amount

Last edited by murambi; 16-07-2011 at 06:49 PM.
# 7 16-07-2011 , 10:20 PM
The Nurb Herd
yes it does look legit, i guess that was unfair of me.
Still not a great deal tho.
send us assets for free and you might win a small fee if its the best free asset we receive.
Whats wrong with just providing a turntable? is it because you can't make as much money as you would if you owned the asset?

# 8 16-07-2011 , 11:40 PM
Lifetime Member
Sceptical dom? healthy boy.....I just read the TOS and Im no dummy but it is rather hard to decipher. Read 2 and 3 dom and see if it says anything about the individuals right to anything if the model is used (winner or not)...I couldnt see anyting.

Legit site though...I had my doubts in the beginning...I have been watching it for a few days

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 9 17-07-2011 , 02:17 AM
Subscriber
the fact that he came back here to defend himself makes him less sketchy as we all know people who do cons will never defend themselves and always try to get away from inspection

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 10 18-07-2011 , 07:07 PM
honestdom,

I can understand you having doubts, thats fine, your entitled to your thoughts. But did you even read the ToS? We don't sell, trade or give way any data shared with us.

Let me help you guys out:

1.7 “User Skeleton(s)” means three dimensional characters created by User using third party software.

Confidentiality Obligations of Mixamo. Mixamo hereby acknowledges that the User Skeletons contain the confidential and proprietary information of User. Mixamo agrees to maintain the confidentiality of the User Skeletons during the term of this Agreement. Mixamo will not make use of any User Confidential Information except to the extent necessary for evaluation and testing as contemplated by this Agreement. Mixamo will not disclose or make available User’s Confidential Information to any third party. Mixamo will take all reasonable steps to ensure that User’s Confidential Information is not disclosed or distributed by Mixamo.

We're not going to be selling anything, just using it in marketing as well as promoting our winners for a year or more time along with us.

We may also approach winners about selling with us using a rev-share model and making the winner even more money over time. BUT only if he/she chooses.

It's fine to be skeptical, I spend time on the internet too, but you don't have to be rude about it.

# 11 18-07-2011 , 07:50 PM
The Nurb Herd
how was i rude?

Your first post on this forum was to advertise your website, and your website's mysterious competition.

# 12 18-07-2011 , 09:39 PM
Subscriber
mixamo: generally when someone's first post is an advertisement people will always be skeptical given that a lot of people who do that are just wanting your money or wanting to steal something of yours. You should expect to be met with some skepticism...

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 13 18-07-2011 , 11:06 PM
I guess I just didn't expect people to receive a contest like this with decent prizes with such... negativity. (Then again this IS the internet.) Again if your skeptical, that's fine, you don't have to enter, no one is making you. No one ever asked you to reply, but you did, and you didn't have anything valuable to contribute or even a real question to learn more about it. Your only real question was:

I'm just saying, if you don't have anything to contribute why bother putting us down for trying to do something creative with other people and reward them for being creative with us?

send us assets for free and you might win a small fee if its the best free asset we receive.
Whats wrong with just providing a turntable? is it because you can't make as much money as you would if you owned the asset?

That's just being assumptive and aggressive without actually asking any questions. I'm not here to start something I'm just saying: You can learn the same information without striking out. I feel like it was uncalled for, I did nothing wrong. Sorry I called you rude.

I'm not here to argue, if you have any questions I'm happy to answer them. If you want to submit something with a personal waver and terms of your own. We would be happy to read it, sign it, and send it back before you submit!

# 14 19-07-2011 , 12:14 AM
The Nurb Herd
If you are so skeptical about the Internet why do you run a website?

I did say that It was unfair of me to be so skeptical. You seem to have brushed over that twice now.
I understand that your website provides a unique service (automated rigging) therefore you have a comp in which you can show off this process. Which I assume, is why you are not asking for a turntable or stills. Again I assume you are aware that these are the standard request from forum comps. (I assume you had a look at the one recently running on this forum). So I assume because of the service you provide you need characters rather than renders. I assume you are aware that 3d marketplaces ask for zips rather than renders. My initial hesitation in beleiving the legitimacy of the prizes was down to you never having posted here before, asking for something unusual and valuable and advertising an unknown website.

I don't think i'llbe entering this because i've probably not curried any favours with you and your team now :p

Last edited by honestdom; 19-07-2011 at 12:26 AM.
# 15 19-07-2011 , 05:53 PM
We don't discriminate either honestdom. If you entered you would have as much chance and anyone else user added image

Cheers to anyone who enters~

If anyone else has any questions at all, please let me know.