Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 02-09-2011 , 11:25 AM

My Dream Office Challenge - THExDUKE

Hello community

I was going through my favourites and came across Gen´s Blog again. It´s been a while since I have visited his site. But this time he was posting some images of this contest and I followed the link and decided to join the contest.
Ive seen good work here so far and I will try to give feedback as good as I can and hope that I probably get some feedback aswell.

So...I would like to present my Idea of a dream office....I just had an initial idea, no plans or drawings and I just started...maybe its good, maybe bad...dunno.

So good luck to everyone else..I will try to hurry up, since time is short user added image !

Cheers,

Duke

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by THExDUKE; 02-09-2011 at 11:31 AM.
# 2 02-09-2011 , 01:02 PM
EduSciVis-er
her site user added image
Looks really nice so far. Good to see you're in the competition.

# 3 02-09-2011 , 06:06 PM

her site user added image

Oops user added image Well...then her site! Thanks for the welcome!

# 4 02-09-2011 , 06:22 PM
Great community
that grass looks really awesome ! user added image how did you create it?

Last edited by Creck; 02-09-2011 at 08:51 PM.
# 5 04-09-2011 , 01:51 PM
I actually like the concept assuming it's outdoors. I've seen a few dream offices that were set outside like in a jungle or on a beach so I think your idea is a good one. And although it will surely be challenging, it looks like it'll be alot of fun to make. Good luck.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 6 05-09-2011 , 07:08 AM
Thanks guys..

@ Creck: The grass was originally a paint effect then converted into a polymesh then UV-Modified and then used proxy´s for reducing RAM-Usage and performance.

@ Perfecto....thanks and yeah its entirely outside. I thought why putting a workspace back into borders when the perfect surrounding would be mother nature.I didnt think actually about a jungle, but I think it might be too extreme. Maybe its just how the scene will be setup. user added image

Im planning a cityscape at the distance. So my office would "rule" over the city user added image . Ill try too keep you guys updated.

# 7 05-09-2011 , 02:49 PM
Super Moderator
You better hope it never rains lol user added image. On a serious note, you're off to a good start.

- Genny
# 8 09-09-2011 , 11:36 AM
Thank you Genny. If my office would be there, I think I wouldn´t mind rain though user added image

So here´s a next little update. Its a first test of my idea with actually the big elements in there. City is made with qtown and textures are selfmade. Tree is from evermotion, but textures and uv-s are also selfmade and modified. There´s a bit postwork already in here just to kind of test some directions and moods. Im still experimenting with the general composition of all elements...or at least the ones I already have.

I will still need to add some more detail probably on the desk or at least do something where to focus at.

Thanks for watching !

Attached Thumbnails
# 9 09-09-2011 , 12:29 PM
Here are some Textures I have created for the grass, leafs and buildings so far. To have a more realistic look it requires more than only one texture on leafs and grass so I have changed the layout to get 4 different styles of grass and 9 different styles of leafs into the shader.
The leaf shader is 8k, so each leaf has about 2k resoltion, which should be enough! user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 10 09-09-2011 , 07:27 PM
Head of 3d Admedia
this is coming along well I have been modelling trees of late but i keep my textures at .5k unless they are up close 8k seems a bit large

# 11 09-09-2011 , 09:14 PM
I'm loving the city in the background. Such a great atmosphere.
Oh, and you're a Mac user? (that folder icon) Same here, cheers user added image

Cheers,
Roman
# 12 09-09-2011 , 10:25 PM
Thanks murambi. You´re right, usually more than 4 or 5k is enough. Just like Genny is modeling everything, I usually tend to get most quality in textures. Not always a good idea when loading refl, refr, gloss, diffuse bump and spec textures in 8k into a shader. Makes no fun! user added image

@Terminator: Yeah, the city was one keyelement in my idea but still not final yet. Im playing a bit with different layout styles. Oh and yes..its a mac, but I also work on windows user added image ! Cant decide which is better. lol

Cheers

# 13 20-09-2011 , 02:27 PM
Time is running and I hope I can finish. Needed to redo the city, since it was too close and small. Ended up doing more than 180 districts. The desk is a kind of CEO-Boss-desk. But i wont have enough time to freak out on that and do tiny little details. user added image

Postwork is also in the status of WIP...so ... yeah..hope you like it.

Cheers

Attached Thumbnails
# 14 20-09-2011 , 03:42 PM
This is really cool, although i liked the "juicy" colors of the previous render more.

Cheers,
Roman
# 15 20-09-2011 , 05:46 PM
Lifetime Member
wow.: nice city. and soft lighting user added image good. but i am amazed where you will sit and your customers in office ?