Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 13-10-2011 , 03:21 AM
Subscriber

Transformers MMO

Not a fan of pointless games that have no purpose and I've never heard of runescape, but look!
https://kotaku.com/5849316/this-is-wh...t-of/gallery/1

and more importantly

this isn't the Michael Bay movie Transformers

which I read as "the transformers will look finished and easy on the eye"

since it'll be free to play maybe I'll check it out for a few hours when it comes out.

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 2 13-10-2011 , 06:42 AM
Acid44
Could be interesting if they do it right, though it would be really easy to go completely wrong

# 3 13-10-2011 , 06:58 AM
Senior Software Developer
Guys every MMO that has gone up against WoW has failed and eventually went FTP. I don't hold up much hope for it. BTW I used to play WoW but not for some time. Blizzard got it just right. I do however hold put hope for SW:TOR, it is doing things that no one has done before and Bioware are making it.

R@nSiD (Chris) - Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 4 13-10-2011 , 09:14 AM
Subscriber
a fair point R@nsiD, although for a while I thought you said every one of them has gone File Transfer Protocol, not Free To Play...

I do wonder why WoW is so much more popular or rather more well known than all the other titles. Even MMOs with big names you hear about then you suddenly stop hearing anything about them.

I thought that one Eve online is really popular and all you do is sit there watching your ship move through space and you lose everything when someone comes along and kills you

Guild Wars was another popular one right? haven't heard anyone mention that name for years.

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 5 13-10-2011 , 09:29 AM
Super Moderator
I guess you can say that about WoW, like you R@nsid, I used to play but its been a while. I think Blizzard tailored the experience to the target audience, they started serving up a heavy dose of instant gratification and it seems to have worked out. I don't know if Transformers is MMO material though, I'm having a hard time seeing that.

- Genny
# 6 13-10-2011 , 09:30 AM
Super Moderator
People still play GW Chirone, but I guess people are kinda annoyed with GW2 being constantly pushed back.

- Genny
# 7 13-10-2011 , 03:16 PM
Lifetime Member
I have played so many MMOs I am sick of all of them. They are all such huge time leaches I was amazed at how many other things I could do when I finally stopped wasting my time with them. Then of course I found Minecraft user added image its terribly fun and probably an even bigger time waster

Jake

# 8 13-10-2011 , 04:22 PM
Senior Software Developer
WoWs biggest issue now is it's very hard as a casual player to do anything, as the game is now suffering from "elitist" players. I agree that a the Transformer universe would be hard to stomach as an MMO, it's another WoW clone. I liked GW but so few playing it is hard to get groups going.

---
I am here: https://maps.google.com/maps?ll=55.951928,-3.189882
R@nSiD (Chris) - Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 9 13-10-2011 , 07:45 PM
Super Moderator
Hey it's not a waste of time if you're having fun! :p.
You're right about the elitists, but then again I've never been a fan of WoW culture. Since I stopped playing Lineage II some years ago, I never heavily played another. I play Age of Conan now and again and even that is only because of the hubby, he likes to pvp and sometimes I get tempted to tag along. I can see why pay to play games are attractive for companies, one key one use. It'll be interesting to see what they come up with for a Transformers MMO.

- Genny