Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 04-11-2011 , 09:42 AM

Render stuck at first frame(95%)

Hi,
I’ve got an annoying problem with Maya.
I’m trying to render out an animated scene in Maya 2012 but when I try to do a Batch Render in Maya it gets stuck on the very first frame at 95%. I tried using the command prompt render but again I have the same problem, it gets up to the line “mental ray: got 8 sattelite CPUs” and just sits there with no renders appearing in the images folder.
The scene itself has quite a bit of geometry and Maya tends to run out of memory when I render a still(even in IPR). Could the batch and command prompt renders issue be related to this ? Does anyone know of a work around for it. I really need to get it done ASAP as I have a deadline coming up soon.

# 2 04-11-2011 , 10:23 AM
The Nurb Herd
can you render in layers?

# 3 04-11-2011 , 11:31 AM
I am rendering in layers, the layer that I'm having trouble with is Beauty, the others(Ambient Occlusion, Specular, Shadow and Diffuse) went through fine. Sorry should have made it more clearer in my opening post.