Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 05-11-2011 , 04:28 AM
Perennial Noob

Greetings and backstory

Hey. My name is Jim and I am trying to reinvent myself through Maya. I have studied 3D for a while and took some classes but had to stop. Long story short, I was in a car accident in May and have been at home since so I figured I would pick up where I left off and make good use of my time.

My greatest weakness is rigging. I try and try and try but it vexxes my every time. Rigging will probably be 90% of what I ask about in the forums. Speaking of which, anyone have a good way to rig a dragon wing?

One more thing: I am still using Maya 6 due to cost but I hope to make enough money from the insurance and court settlements that I can get a new computer and a Maya upgrade.

See ya!

# 2 07-11-2011 , 10:43 PM
Super Moderator
Welcome to SM Jimby! user added image It can be tough to shake off the rust but I'm sure you'll get back in the swing of things. As for the dragon wing rigging question (I don't know, I'm not experienced with rigging) it may have gotten lost in there, you could make a separate thread for that.

- Genny