Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 02-12-2011 , 03:33 PM
Subscriber

jumping effects happen when animating paint effects

Hi,
I'm animating some paint effects trees and two problems occur. The first one is that the position of the trees suddenly jumps from one frame to another in a weard way like it's missing some frames in between. Sometimes it's very obvious, sometimes more subtle but still upsetting.
I checked out all my keyframes but I don't see any problem there. However I notice that when the curve animation passes from negative to positive or from positive to negative, it often jumps exactly at the frame with value 0, but not always. The problem also occurs in other values and I couldn't identify why.
The second problem is that the bark texture also jumps.It seems that the position of the uvs change suddenly.
Theses 2 problems create disturbing cuts in the animation.

Anybody can help me to fix it please??

# 2 04-12-2011 , 05:07 PM
Subscriber

the texture flips 180

Hello again,
I made tests with ramp texture on my tree and saw that the texture flips 180° (suddenly from one frame to the next one, as I said in my first message). When it happens there is usually a gap in the movement of the tree at the same frame. But I often have gaps in the movement without the texture problem.

Please have a look at the images and help meeee!

Attached Thumbnails