Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 19-04-2012 , 06:07 AM
Lifetime Member

Burried Spitfires

Interesting article about a Lincolnshire farmer who had spent the last decade and a half to locate a shipment of brand new spitfires burried in the Burmese jungle still in their transport crates.

Just imagine. Original spitfires, no replacement parts, not a single hour flight time. I wonder if they will attempt to get some of thme back to flight status.

https://newsfeed.time.com/2012/04/17/...thed-in-burma/

# 2 19-04-2012 , 08:28 AM
The thin red line
I suspect there will be a lot of damage lets just hope they can save some...........dave

# 3 19-04-2012 , 10:54 AM
Lifetime Member
Would be great. Ground radar shows the crates to be still intact.

Earth: The crazy asylum of the universe.
# 4 21-04-2012 , 06:15 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
well they said they were in good condition. The only trouble from what I heard that could be a prob is that the spitfires rivets were originally made of magnesium, so any restored versions around now would have steel rivets...

Jay

# 5 22-04-2012 , 04:06 AM
Lifetime Member
Interesting artical mate...hopefully they will at least be able to get them out of Burma LOL. I read one yesterday on an Aussie pilot that went MIA...they finally found him in a field somewhere and laid him to rest....the Spitty cant be restored though as its too damaged.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes