Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 07-12-2011 , 06:10 PM

Help with Subdiv Proxy and PolySplit Tool

Hi, I've just started using Maya again, it's been a while and i'm now using 2012.

I've setup a Subdiv proxy, and when i use the split poly tool the subdiv proxy won't update, i used to get round this problem in maya 7 by deleting the history of my low poly mesh i'm working on, and the subdiv would update, but not anymore?

It doesn't matter if i use the old splitpoly tool or the new Interactive split tool, it just won't update?

Any ideas what i'm doing wrong?

# 2 07-12-2011 , 08:21 PM
Ok no probs, have sorted it.

For some reason i couldnt get a full mirrored subdiv proxy, after trying a few times, deleting history freezing transforms etc, it suddenly took and gave me a full mirroed subD, but it also had the other half of my proxy, i deleted one half, and found another poly surface that seemingly was just a ghost, no actual geometry, so i delted that too, and suddenly i'm able to use either split poly tool. . . Happy days user added image