Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 76 26-02-2003 , 01:24 PM
Subscriber
---Originally posted by )v( ---
my master in Tae Kwon Do a few years back.. used to be able to go in a sitting position without a chair! Back totally straight.. legs bent.... i dont know how the laws of gravity allowed it!... I guess it wasnt 100% perfect seating position.. but hella good balance! Hidalgo, can you relate?

---heh heh!! It's a goal to work towards! But yeah...I can relate...

https://www.darrylworley.com/

https://www.defendamerica.mil/nmam.html
# 77 26-02-2003 , 03:57 PM
Subscriber
Heheh, yea, i couldnt see it being easy, i tried for 4 years, couldnt do it... i was not at the level at any point of time to do it though user added image. BTW.. just read your quotes on your signature, those are awesome quotes user added image.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 78 27-02-2003 , 12:56 AM
Subscriber
Kbrown: yes that the reason I decided to actually write it, well i didn't mean to, but wanted to mention the snake going up his arm, and it just seemed so funny. user added image

I got some other tips, but I must confess I am battling the time here, so I just move on to the stuff that needs to be modeled. user added image

I'll be glad if I can finish in time.

I'm not sure how the surrounding is going to look like.

The pic below shows current status. I have just started to model the cape. I think I'll try the fur, but it's not very important to me.

# 79 27-02-2003 , 02:32 AM
Subscriber
Undseth, dont have your final render on a bg... just put a gradient of some kind behind him.. that should be enough. If you insist on putting him in the clouds or whatnot, then go for it.. just if the time is a factor, forget about a scene. Great render though, btw user added image.

# 80 27-02-2003 , 03:06 AM
Subscriber
Thanks! I'll finish some stuff now and go think about the snake and a possible scene. I'll do the arms and hands (easy) tomorrow.

About the cape; it started out with a polycube, I deleted most faces, making it a planar surface without volume (saves me tweaking time).

I see no point in making the cape a volume, noones going to notice I think.

# 81 27-02-2003 , 03:10 AM
Subscriber
Heheheh, that snake needs some verts tweaked.. he looks a bit 2d user added image (heheh, j/k). Keep it up undseth, this is great... you can really be a machine when the times pressed.. great thing to have user added image.. sweet.

# 82 27-02-2003 , 04:18 AM
Subscriber
Great idea on the cloak!

I notice you are waiting on the hands. Hands are on of my biggest hurdles when I draw.

# 83 27-02-2003 , 04:36 AM
Subscriber
oh now now

Here are some shaders on. The shaders on the helmet and horn have passed. The cape is ok I guess, but I need to figure out a decent cloth shader.

His skin is goint to be a blinn (!), as he has a bluish skin color (something I read somewhere). Making him more divine in his appearance.

Last edited by undseth; 27-02-2003 at 04:44 AM.
# 84 27-02-2003 , 04:47 AM
Subscriber
HAH, blinn skin.. woohoo. Not the exact grey though right? BTW.. awesome horns and help, along with the hammer.. very cool. But... MIKE... he stole your robe colors! "user added image.. j/k". Its coming out beautifully.. very cool man.

# 85 27-02-2003 , 05:24 AM
Lookin good man, keep it up. Don't be like me, I have like a ton of unfinished scenes and such. I begin working on something and it's looking great then I start to get unhappy with it then I junk it. user added image I'll drop the habit soon hopefully now that I've moved into maya and it's just so much fun to use.

Knowledge impresses, creativity inspires.

Last edited by lceMan; 27-02-2003 at 05:39 AM.
# 86 27-02-2003 , 11:46 AM
Subscriber
ooh cool sethy user added image

Thanks for wasting your time reading this line.
# 87 27-02-2003 , 04:11 PM
Subscriber

# 88 28-02-2003 , 12:30 AM
Subscriber
Here's the starting point. I have no idea as to how to procede. So I just do it. user added image

# 89 28-02-2003 , 02:20 AM
Subscriber
I have worked for exactly two hours now and the arm appears done.

Now over to the hands.

It's not perfect, I model the muscles after memory.

# 90 28-02-2003 , 03:44 AM
Subscriber
Hand and finger are modeled, but they dont look like human fingers right now. Time to refine the mesh.