Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 15-03-2012 , 05:04 PM

Preview render settings for texturing process...

I am currently trying to do some painting jobs on photoshop and aplying them on my model. But this is my first time doing texturing and cant figure out how blurry or how quality the texture will look on the final render settings. Is there a good preview setting to apply when trying textures on the model?

Or what are the hints on quality testing the textures...

The applied texture looks like this which i dont get the idea on how it will look in final render. Dont jump on me im a noob texturer...

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 15-03-2012 , 05:32 PM
The thin red line
Try render region, do your full render then to test out how the update texture is working if you left mouse button on the last render and drag you should have a little red out linded box right click in there and select rend/render region............dave

# 3 15-03-2012 , 08:42 PM
I should practice some English before i post something i think user added image I know how to use the render region. I am having problems determining the quality of the textures... I used some tools in photoshop to get the rusty look. Working on something for a very long time can be misleading. So i can't decide how good it should look. For example i see the pixels when i get a close render and start thinking while painting i damaged the distinctive look of the texture. I started thinking maybe i should change my render settings. Or work on photoshop more to get more distinctive renders...

I will upload my texture which i made with 2 random texture images from google. does the one i made have enough quality? I don't know what i am doing wrong. Should i go and make the full render settings and good lighting to decide on the texture quality or should i work more on photoshop do get definitve textures...

The one i made:
https://img29.imageshack.us/img29/8752/15757021.jpg

The two textures which i used in photoshop:

https://www.manhavenproject.com/wp-co...xture_0001.jpg

https://www.texturex.com/albums/Metal...%20Texture.jpg

# 4 15-03-2012 , 09:08 PM
The thin red line
when you use a file texture maya puts a filter on it you can turn it off, texture size go large and if its to big you can allways reduce it...........dave

# 5 15-03-2012 , 09:24 PM
Hmm the filter settings changed alot. When i use highr res images it will look better. Thanks dave, im getting there...

# 6 16-03-2012 , 06:02 PM
Dave can you upload some close renders from your sherman scene project? I would like to see the scratches, the dirt and some deformed areas on your tank's texture. Want to see how they look in close renders.

# 7 17-03-2012 , 07:55 AM
The thin red line
Not that good to close up, still not finished need to put the dirt for the fender on a bump map and fix the dirt on the track................dave

Attached Thumbnails

# 8 17-03-2012 , 07:59 AM
Hmm, tnx dave. Thats what i needed. i think i will need to look for larger files to work with. 1 more question, how did you get the bumpy texture look. Did you use any maya texture nodes an a basic material or used photoshop?

# 9 17-03-2012 , 08:23 AM
The thin red line
Its a bit to bumpy, I did it in photoshop, fill with grey then filter texture grain then blur. Whats wrong with your texture it looks good to me.............dave