Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 02-05-2012 , 12:55 PM

Shattering a Glass Ball

Hi Guys,

I am doing a small piece of compositing for my final Uni project. I am using pftrack and Maya in order to show an apple, looking realistic, rise into the air and then fall to the table and shatter. I so far have the apple, I have videos tracked and rendered out but I am now trying to create the shatter. I have the demo of Pulldownit which should be fine but am struggling with it and how to operate the collision with the floor. Any help with this would be imense as I am new to animation in Maya. Thankyou

# 2 02-05-2012 , 02:27 PM
The Nurb Herd
i take it you know what you are up against with shattering fruit? I hope the people doing the marking haven't seen this user added image
Silestone -- 'Above Everything Else' on Vimeo

sorry cant help with the shattering, never heard of the plugin.

# 3 02-05-2012 , 02:39 PM
Technical Director
I don't know the plugin either. If you're using Maya 2012+, use DMM.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 4 08-05-2012 , 12:36 AM
Subscriber
Maya 2012 has a new plugin for shattering.

It's as previously stated. It's DMM.

you can find plenty of tutorial on the web. It's got a easy learning curve. After that it's just tedious adjustments and watching the playblast.