Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 12-06-2012 , 05:38 PM
Subscriber

Snapping ep curves together?

I'm trying to snap some (ep) curve lines into another (body line into wheel well) and it's not doing it, or I'm not doing it correctly. I'm selecting the control vertex of the line I want to snap, hold down c or click the snap to curves icon in the ui and move the vertex over the curve to try and snap it. Do I need both curved (objects) selected to snap it? When it does snap (once) I get a funny looking curve that's nowhere near what I want, it loops back around in the opposite direction. Do I only select the end vert of the line and snap it? After I snap it I want to place a curve point and remove the excess curve on the front as well.

1. select control vert
2. snap curve icon
3. translate tool
4. here's where I'm getting lost.

# 2 12-06-2012 , 06:29 PM
The thin red line
With the move tool selected just select the curve control vertex then hold the "c" button down now stroke the middle mouse button over the end of the curve you want to connect to,if you need to connect the curves go to surfaces edit curve "attatch curve"................dave