Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 18-01-2015 , 11:06 AM
Lifetime Member

Books

Being a bit of a Pixar fan, I decided to buy "Creativity, Inc", written by Dr. Ed Catmull. I was doing some browsing on Renderman and Menv when I came across reference to this book.

The book isn't so much about Pixar but the people at Pixar, what makes them gel, how they work as a management structure, their ups and downs, how they overcome challenges etc. It's actually a very in depth commentary on how they, and Ed in particular, have developed managerial 'structures' and skills in a creative environment.

There is some discussion about how Pixar started, funding issues etc, but overall it's mostly about people...people management, expectation management, company management, risks, endeavours, dreams, profit, quality and well, back to people again.

I can highly recommend it to anybody in the creative industry, whether you are a junior, manager, director or just interest to read about one man's views into the human psyche when it comes to social interaction.

A brilliant read, get a cup of coffee and a bar of chocolate and enjoy!

Jacques