Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 10-07-2012 , 01:02 PM
Subscriber

Selecting Vertices - Maya 2012

Hi Guys

Using Maya 2012, I have used older versions, and suddenly now when I try to select vertices (with or without move tool/scale tool etc) I get these coloured circles (in this case green) when I try to select one vertice - it's like its snapping to it perhaps? Also I noticed coloured circles on my move tool (cyan, magenta & orange) floating between the axis arrows. Can I turn this off somewhere? I tried to take a print screen but it doesn't seem to be working. I'll try post one tomorrow if I can.

Any ideas?

Emms

Emms
# 2 10-07-2012 , 02:03 PM
Technical Director
Hi Emms,

If it's not showing up on a print-screen, it usually means that it's a problem with your video card drivers. But then again, it's hard to say without a photo. :/

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 3 10-07-2012 , 02:21 PM
Lifetime Member
Well thats a catch 22 ....try deleting Mayas prefs then update the vid card driver or check it. Keep on it

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 4 10-07-2012 , 10:03 PM
Subscriber
Hey Sorry, didn't mean just the tool wasn't showing up. Sometimes my printscreen button doesn't work at all - it's hit and miss LOL.

Emms