Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 16 09-09-2012 , 12:38 PM
The Nurb Herd

Not sure what you meant by the render. I want it eventually to look real on my drive at home! user added image

I don't think he knows what he meant by it either.

@travis - its not an ambient occlusion render. its physical sun and sky (notice the shadows?). not sure if you know this, but there is a preset shader for ambient occlusion in maya, its called ambient occlusion.

(its also drag and drop, not drop and drag.)

Hey, this model is coming along. like i said, I'm not the best to help with modeling but i'd help with lighting and shading when you get to that stage. Getting something to look real is a big challenge. i can sympathise with you! Good luck with the project. user added image

# 17 09-09-2012 , 12:38 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore

# 18 09-09-2012 , 12:48 PM
Thank-you guys. I will keep going with this, I think I need another week or so to complete the actual mesh/model.

After this point, I've no idea what to do! haha.

I'll have a go at shading the tyres first I guess and then post some more pictures.

Thank-you for all your help. There's no way I could have even done any of this so far if it weren't for your help etc.

# 19 23-09-2012 , 06:34 PM
update ....

user added image

Need to do the wires, back foot holder thing and then try and research how to shade/colour it.

# 20 23-09-2012 , 06:36 PM
user added image