Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 25-08-2012 , 07:10 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon

john Carter and Paul

Just saw John Carter..I suggest you don't it was utter rubbish, a waste of time.
Paul on the other hand was nice and Paul as a cg character was well done and imo outperformed the rest of the real cast(Simon Pegg and sidekick are a bit annoying they've been playing the same characters all over again since Shaun of the dead)

# 2 25-08-2012 , 09:12 PM
EduSciVis-er
I dunno... I liked John Carter over Paul. I didn't think Paul was that funny. Just my opinion.

# 3 25-08-2012 , 11:12 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
hehe I love Paul its a great film, very funny.

And John Carter.....well when I worked on it I wasnt really taken with it, I couldnt justify some of the designs. But when I saw it I was pleasantly surprised, it worked for me. Not the greatest movie in the world, but at least its not an unwanted remake.

Jay

# 4 26-08-2012 , 09:59 AM
Lifetime Member
Im with mastone, I saw it with the kids. I didnt like it but my boys thought it was great, so they at least had a good experience.

I guess one difference is I read books and the films were no match back in my day for a good imagination. They are improving and if it exposes my lads to stories I used to read, good or bad they are at least experiencing something good.

Cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 5 26-08-2012 , 07:06 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
@stwert: Really? a flat uninspired main character on a planet of which we know does not contain advanced civilizations (anymore),and those tarks and bald headed monks ? pfff
I liked Paul because it had a whole different take on aliens and the movie would be fun to watch even without an alien in it..John Carter wouldn't be good in any setting...imo