Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 16-10-2012 , 12:00 AM

Animating With a Slow Computer

Hey guys, my computer's not the best in the world and generally, when I'm animating with maya, the playback speed is laggy and skips frames, making it nearly impossible to time movements well and smooth. Is it common for people to edit their animation's speed when they're editing the rendered pictures together?

# 2 16-10-2012 , 12:04 AM
EduSciVis-er
No, I don't believe so. Render out playblasts on a regular basis so you know for sure that the timing is right.

# 3 16-10-2012 , 01:28 AM
This'll sound really dumb, but how? I've done it on accident a couple of times, but I don't know how to actually do so on purpose. :/

# 4 16-10-2012 , 01:45 AM
EduSciVis-er
Easiest way is to shift+drag the region of frames you want in the timeline. Then RMB and click playblast. Of course there is the option box to change the settings like resolution, format, quality, whether to save to file etc.

The other way is Window > Playblast [] and you can choose the frame range there.