Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 01-12-2012 , 12:57 AM

Rewired 'Clash of the Cybernoids'

Hey guys, just finished my first film about a week ago, Its not perfect, but as a whole I think its pretty good. Did all the sound and music as well.
thanks for taking the time

https://youtu.be/ELCmCrgRPmM

# 2 01-12-2012 , 02:32 AM
Pretty good for a first film. Kind of reminds me of a saturday morning cartoon in the US. Good job.

# 3 01-12-2012 , 02:46 AM
thanks Chav, specially for taking the time out to watch, I did put alot of work into tho even tho it was my first film. thanks again.

# 4 01-12-2012 , 07:32 PM
Super Moderator
I really enjoy when people take it upon themselves to create animations, they're full of so much heart. Good on you for actually going through and outputting fifteen minutes worth, that's quite commendable and it's actually pretty good overall for a first run. I noticed a few things that stood out:

- The reflections. Many of the materials were mirror clear and even if that is intended, they showed that you're using an image of a forest (that one in particular I've seen many times) instead of something that more resembles the setting. Maybe you could generate one from your environment, since you've already went through the trouble of modeling and shading the whole thing.

-Depth of field. It was a bit shallow in some shots(fight scene) and gave the effect that it was a miniature set and was a bit distracting at times. I was pleasantly surprised to see the shifts in focus happen throughout the movie, it's something that goes missing in many amateur films.

- Motion blur and more dynamic camera angles chopped in could've enhanced the fight scenes.

- Characters need better weighting, their actions seem to float around.

There are a few minor things that my husband and I ended up getting into a whole debate about lol but those things will fall into place in due time, keep at it. user added image

- Genny
# 5 02-12-2012 , 09:29 PM
hey genny, first off Id like to thank you in taking the time out to watch my film. And more importantly to watch it with alot of observation to the details. Yes this was my first film, and all the things that you mentioned will get better with time. I didnt go to school for 3D or animation I went to school for film, thus the main goal was an overall project I could be happy with beings how I know each individual thing couldnt be perfect. I purposely didnt focus on realistic details like the weight, or reflectivity of the characters. As I wanted it to have a fighting game format to it. Thus the shy camera angles during the fight scenes. In a fighting game you only have but so many angles of view. And to be honest I didnt think people would even notice the reflection but glad you pointed out that you did, will def use a custom HDR image of my set for stage 2. As far as motion blur, I only wanted motion blur on the wings of the virus bug but ran into problems rendering out motion blur passes, so instead of me letting it slow me down I just skipped it. main reason I didnt want motion blur cause Im following a video game style, and they rarely use motion blur as to not take away from the details. I am glad you noticed the camera work any how thats the camera man in me, and those type of details I focused on mainly. I had never done anything 3D like this before this film so didnt know what takes up rendering time I thought it was the amount of polygons used, this is why my characters and sets arent as detailed as they will be in stage two. At least ten times more detailed. The animation will be better as well and the weight of the characters will be alot better. Another thing the reason I didn have the city reflecting on the characters was because of the colors, but I know alot more now so there will be way more control over the reflections. Keep in mind I did not have a team or anyone to help me so certain things might have been a bit rushed Im not gonna lie. I am happy that no one complained about the sound and music, as I have the most experience being an engineer and musician for over 12 years. THE AVENGERS, one of my fav movies of the year also had the most mistakes in any movie of the year. As a director my number one goal will always be the overall project. I see alot of great animation, texturing, and artwork, and its usually the best of these that lack in the most important things to me, which is a great story, ORIGINALITY, ORIGINAL SOUND AND MUSIC, AND THE FEELING OF WANTING TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT.THIS IS FOR EVERYONE, IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE A PART OF REWIRED STAGE 2, I WOULD LOVE THE OPPURTUNITY TO WORK WITH ANY OF YOU AS I WILL NOT BE DOING EVERYTHING MYSELF. SPECIALLY LOOKING FOR CONCEPT ART FOR SETS AND CHARACTERS. THANK YOU ALL FOR WATCHING, AND ITS ONLY GONNA GET BETTER, I PROMISE THAT.