Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 20-03-2013 , 03:33 PM
Lifetime Member

Maya with Vray Tutorial Request

Hello there,

I was wondering if we could have some (a lot) V-ray video tutorials here in SimplyMaya.

Let say some Architecture / Sci-Fi Corridors from modeling to final render (Vray lights and Materials setup) ?

Rendering passes with V-ray. Basically anything that helps a new V-ray beginner / Intermediate level.

Thank you.

# 2 21-03-2013 , 03:21 AM
Having Fun!!!!
I'm with you on this one. Tut please!!!

# 3 21-03-2013 , 07:56 PM
Technical Director
Just so you guys know, what you're asking will take a considerable amount of time, and will therefore be extremely unlikely to be free.

Just putting it out there, as many people say they want a tutorial, but are unwilling to pay for it user added image

I'll give David a ping, and we'll see what he thinks.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Last edited by NextDesign; 21-03-2013 at 07:59 PM.
# 4 21-03-2013 , 09:30 PM
SM Tea Boy
I'll look into it guys, i do use vray but now i'm just finishing of a new mental ray tutorial, so maybe after that.

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 5 21-03-2013 , 09:56 PM
Having Fun!!!!
NextDesign- I always pay for tuts here, and I have never being disappointed user added image but I understand you, many people don't want to pay thats true.

# 6 25-03-2013 , 12:20 PM
Lifetime Member
Even being a lifetime member here, if is a project based tutorial about Vray and costs (due to whatever reasons that is), I will definitely be more than happy to pay for it if needed.

Some ideas could be like a Sci - fi corridor or, my favorite, character using Vray to setup.
I'm in for sure. user added image

# 7 25-03-2013 , 01:22 PM
SM Tea Boy
As i say i'll put it on the list user added image and as a lifetime member of course it will be free to you user added image expect it to take 2 - 3 weeks though.

All the best
Dave

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 8 25-03-2013 , 03:21 PM
Lifetime Member
You da man David.
Thank you!

sci-fi corridor gets my million votes!

Have you consider simplyvray.com ? user added image