Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 03-05-2013 , 12:31 PM

Difference Boolean issue

Morning.

I'm having an issues where I am trying to subtract a cylinder polygon from a curved handle in order to make a hole; instead everything disappears.

How I made the handle:
I used the CV curve to create the initial shape, then planar trimmed it. I then extended the solid, and mirrored the resulting object to get a symmetrical pattern.

Any help will be gracious.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 03-05-2013 , 01:02 PM
The thin red line
Its because your mesh looks like it has ngons and small faces that the Boolean cannot handle, you would be better of modelling the handle with simply primitive and add edges were you need them...............dave

# 3 03-05-2013 , 01:33 PM
Really? Sigh. Ok.

Live and learn I say.

If I was to curve a CV curve, and then convert to polygon, would I run into the same issue?

(I'm an amateur...doh cuss meh)

# 4 03-05-2013 , 01:57 PM
The thin red line
Most likely you need to clean the mesh up but as you have it it would take forever that's why I said make it out of primitives as it would not take to long.............dave

# 5 04-05-2013 , 10:15 PM
so you are working in nurbs or polygons? Can you upload the mesh so I can look and see what the issue is?

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675
# 6 06-05-2013 , 12:19 PM
Ummmm.....the majority is polygons.

I tried to upload the maya file, but apparently I cannot do that.

So how to upload a mesh?

# 7 06-05-2013 , 06:24 PM
Events Team at Wargaming.net
need to make it a zip file