Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 05-08-2013 , 03:24 PM

Fur (grass) not visible in viewport but after rendering (??)

Hi all,

As the title says I have a strange problem with maya's grass fur. When I attach it to my ground it's not showing up. The attribute editor, outliner, etc show that it has been created so it must be there. When I render the current image I see nice grass. But I can't see it in my viewport. My ground is on its own layer but it's not hidden or something...
I thought it might help to scale the whole thing up or down that doesn't change anything. Funny thing is that it works if I create a new scene. I don't know what to do.

Thanks for your help! user added image

# 2 06-08-2013 , 08:41 AM
Okay I haven't found the reason for this problem but I've fixed it. Just pasted the whole model into a new scene. Fur works fine again user added image