Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 16-08-2013 , 04:37 PM

Maya 2014 Beginner question

Hello, this is my first post so sorry if I have posted in the wrong area

I've been following a tutorial to creating a simple hand as I'm a beginner in Maya, I'm having some problems rotating this face so that the the finger comes out at an angle, I've been able to rotate the rest of the faces and extrude them to come out as desired, but this one seems to be proving difficult. Is there something I am doing wrong?

Thank you for any responses.

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by Abracsus; 16-08-2013 at 04:40 PM.
# 2 16-08-2013 , 07:39 PM
Bored but busy
Rotate the face before you extrude

# 3 16-08-2013 , 09:53 PM
As in complete all the rotations before doing the extrusions? The face in question hasn't been extruded yet.

That makes sense, I just thought there would be a way to do it after extrusions.

Thanks for the reply (:

# 4 16-08-2013 , 10:38 PM
Lifetime Member
Hi, it looks like you've already extruded without moving the face and now you're rotating the extruded face which is causing it to act strange. Check if there are two faces there and delete them, then fill the hole and rotate from there.

Cheers, the Yeti.

# 5 18-08-2013 , 10:08 AM
Subscriber
you could pull also the outer edge back, so that you get even before extrusion the right direction.