Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 08-12-2013 , 04:16 PM

Motion Tracking open source for Maya

Hi guys,

Since few days I am struggling with finding proper app or plug-in that I can use to motion capture either with footage (i don't have the special markers) or with kinect sensor. I can't find something that would be free and working. I need it either for Maya or Motion Builder !

user added image

# 2 08-12-2013 , 07:18 PM
Technical Director

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 3 09-12-2013 , 09:57 AM
Thanks, i'll give it a try !
user added image

# 4 09-12-2013 , 02:42 PM
Didn't work out. It is aways so complicated to install these codes and at the end it doesn't work...blahhh

any other suggestions guys !?

# 5 10-12-2013 , 05:43 AM
What exactly did not work out. Saying it didn't doesn't shed light on the problem. Even with Faceshift I had to DL the DirectXSDK to get the proper codecs running on my machine for the Asus Xtion Pro I was running. So be more clear and maybe someone here has already encountered the problem you had that "didn't work out."

# 6 10-12-2013 , 04:00 PM
I had to install few packages and Visual Studio as well as other custom codes. I did follow the instructions strictly and at the end the software didn't work. It shows errors such as : some Openni DLLs are missing. (Sorry that I can't name them now the computer I have install it is at my school.)

Then i have download Openni and try to install it but I got stuck on one point !

The Kinect scanner program that has to send data to the maya plug-in it doesn't work properly.

btw Faceshift works perfectly on my machine user added image

# 7 10-12-2013 , 08:54 PM

# 8 10-12-2013 , 11:53 PM
Technical Director
Did you restart your machine? The OpenNI dll's need to be in the system PATH environment variable.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 9 16-12-2013 , 09:40 AM
I did restart it but it didn't work. I would try Chavfister's advice if I wasn't out of time already. It took me a way to much to figure it out and at the end I went back to the good old manual animation.

After the deadline I will definitely try again!

Thank you guys