Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 06-04-2014 , 09:38 PM
Subscriber

Extra CV's, or, partial faces...?

Following close on my previous post, I extruded four faces several times. All looked well until I noticed some extra CV's out of place when I looked at it in CV mode. It seems that one ring of CV's does not go all the way around. What causes this?

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 06-04-2014 , 10:42 PM
EduSciVis-er
Not sure what caused this specifically, but it shouldn't be too hard to clean up. Experiment with using the "merge vertex tool" and the "interactive split polygon tool". It depends on whether you want to add or remove vertices. Just a note on terminology, these are actually vertices, as CVs are specifically components of NURBS and curves.

# 3 06-04-2014 , 11:43 PM
Subscriber

Not sure what caused this specifically, but it shouldn't be too hard to clean up. Experiment with using the "merge vertex tool" and the "interactive split polygon tool". It depends on whether you want to add or remove vertices. Just a note on terminology, these are actually vertices, as CVs are specifically components of NURBS and curves.

OK. 'Always wanted to play with the Merge Vertex Tool. And...'vertices=polygons, CV's=NURBS'. Got it. Thanks.