Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 03-05-2014 , 02:51 PM

problem with references

hello. i'm using references in my current project, and have a big problem with it. i have referenced a character in the main scene, animated it, made nCloth simulation, but after that i decided to make new shaders for the clothing. after i made them, the referenced clothing in the main scene remains unshaded. i tried to assign new shaders directly in the setup scene, but it does nothing. in the referenced scene it is shaded, but in the setup scene unshaded.

# 2 03-05-2014 , 04:26 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
in the setup scene, do you have the shading turned to defualt shading from the drop down GUI?

# 3 03-05-2014 , 04:41 PM
what do you mean with "default shading"? the shader doesnt apply on the mesh. when im rendering, the mesh isn't there.
i tried this method https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37510 , but it doesn't work by me.
i've found the source of the problem. the referenced objects were just meshes. and then after referencing i made nCloth of it and made simulation. because in the referenced scene the nCloth was not attached, maya had issue assigning new shader in the setup-scene... odd things.

Last edited by mickhah; 03-05-2014 at 06:05 PM.
# 4 03-05-2014 , 09:36 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Cool no probs...

I thought you may have had the default shading on in one scene and turned off in the other..it happens. See attached image...

Im glad you found the source of your problem

J

Attached Thumbnails