Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 07-05-2014 , 04:44 AM

May Export Problems

Hi, everyone! I am completely new to Maya, but I have created a model which I'm ready to export. This model had two joints and an IK handle. I want to be able to export it into FBX format to be able to use it in other software easily.

I however have a problem with exporting apparently. I get errors and warnings as if I had not something right, which is probably true since I'm a beginner. I want to be able to export with no errors and warnings. The types of errors and warnings I've been getting are as follows:

The Effector of the Single Chain IK is not a marker. The original geometry of this object may be lost for the following constraint(s) : ikHandle1_ncl1_1

I sometimes get this warning:

The following parent and/or ancestor node(s) is/are not part of the BindPose definition.
polySurface48

The exporting seems to be the most difficult part of Maya. Has anyone every encountered these warnings, and can perhaps tell me where I'm going wrong? Thanks!

# 2 07-05-2014 , 01:15 PM
Constraints do not export out with fbx. As for the other piece of geometry it is strange. Hard to say without actually having the model directly in front of me. It is dealing with the bind pose and how you skinned it. You may need to go into the skinning options and allow for multiple bind poses in a checkbox.