Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 08-06-2014 , 09:38 PM

make live/transform constraints-other surface

hello everyone, im new to maya and using 2015 version
i need to make a flat object to sit exactly on other object, in the tutorial they shown how to make this
by transform constraints-other surface and then to choose edit(in the modling toolkit) and then shrinkwrap selection, but i couldnt find this 'other surface' option, and i searched in the web and found that i need to use - make live option because "transform constraints-other surface" is not exist in this version, i tried this and its worke but not 100% because the result is not exact, any suggestions??
by the way ,the option of shrinkwrap selection only exist in the modling toolkit or in other place as well?

# 2 17-06-2014 , 02:24 AM
Subscriber
Other Surface has been replaced with Live Surface via the Bonus Tools extension.

So now you just select the object, Right click and choose "Make Live."

But the best thing to do is to hover over the magnet in green brackets (Make Selection Live) and go to Maya's help menu to learn more about it. That's what I did.

Lil
# 3 28-06-2015 , 10:50 AM
I would appreciate if someone would explain a step-by-step approach on how to snap poly plane on a poly sphere for example, for maya 2015. I managed to snap poly plane to a poly shpere, but I need the plane to take shape of a poly shere when snapped.

Last edited by madaboutsne; 28-06-2015 at 11:01 AM.