Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 20-06-2014 , 12:15 PM
Subscriber

another basic metal material question

hi all,

just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has helped me with my questions - specifically to Gen, bullet1968, michhah, NextDesign and Jay - I started a project during night classes at the start of the year and its due for critique on Monday, and should hopefully be 80% ready for then - so one last push this weekend to do as much as I can!

I'm a bit stuck on the blue metal here - I'm thinking maybe do some mi_car_paint_phen_x tutorials and try that? I'm struggling to identify the metal in order to google a bit - if anyone has any ideas i'd really appreciate them!!
thanks
nicky
(I'll post up a WIP of the whole project later tonight in the WIP section)

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 20-06-2014 , 04:36 PM
Lifetime Member
I may be wrong but that looks like anodized aluminum to me.

Earth: The crazy asylum of the universe.
# 3 20-06-2014 , 10:21 PM
Subscriber
thank you - that will definitely help me with reference searches etc!

# 4 21-06-2014 , 04:40 AM
Super Moderator
I'd probably still go with an mia_mat instead of the carpaint, even though it could work, I feel there's more control with the mia_mat. I think a higher diffuse weight is important here to prevent the surface from appearing too mirror like. I think with some nice scratch/wear textures, you can nail it down.

Attached Thumbnails

- Genny