Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 29-06-2014 , 07:20 PM

reverse problem

i made two arcs using "two points circular arc" then i conected them and create a shape using the loft option, but i cant reverse the result, i tried to "delete by type- history", i tried to delete the original arcs , but i cant reverse the result.
can anyone please help???:user added image

# 2 29-06-2014 , 09:23 PM
The thin red line
Not sure what you mean could you show us that you have done............dave

# 3 30-06-2014 , 12:38 AM
Do you mean "reverse the normals?". If you do what form of geo are you creating with the loft - NURBs or Polygons?

For polygons you select "Normals Reverse" from the polygons menu.

For NURBs use "Edit NURBs>Reverse Surface Direction" from the surfaces menu. If the default does not work go to option and try selecting the other options.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675

Last edited by ctbram; 30-06-2014 at 12:42 AM.
# 4 30-06-2014 , 01:59 PM
thank you daverave and ctbram
i ment reverse the normals , i made a car window and i wanted to reverse the normals , the loft resault was in nurbs, and i did what ctbram wrote , well almost, i clicked reverse curve direction, and it was helpful, so thank you again.
i have another question , why in a project you cant combine poly and nurbs? or u can and what i heard is not true.

Attached Thumbnails