Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 19-09-2014 , 05:51 PM

Imported STEP file problem

Hi all,

When I import a Solidworks STEP everything appears great except there are parts of the model that appear black instead of grey. If I change the materials of one of the pieces that has black parts to it, to another color it still has the black.

This only appears in Viewport 2.0. In Legacy High Quality viewport the black spots disappear and if I render the scene it doesn't show up.

Help please!

# 2 19-09-2014 , 06:55 PM
The thin red line
Most likely your normal are the wrong way, try select the part that are black then reverse normal.................dave

# 3 19-09-2014 , 07:49 PM
When I try to do reverse normals it gives me the error message "Current selection doesn't match required selection type."

If it shows up correctly in the render and in Legacy, could it be a problem with Viewport 2.0? I'd much rather work in Viewport 2.0 than Legacy.