Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 06-09-2015 , 02:53 PM

Vertex position into nodes

Hey there.
So since I started learning MEL a while ago, I wanted to try out something that interested me for a while now. My question would be if there is a way to create a node that contains the transforms, specifically the position in world space of a selected vertex. I wanted to try and create a script that works like a point constrain which contrains an object's position to a vertext that I selected. My idea was to create a node containing the position of a vertex and then feeding that information into the translate input of whatever object I want to constrain to the vertex.
If something like that is at all possible, I'd really appreciate it if someone told me how that would work in MEL.
Thanks in advance for any answers!