Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 106 06-03-2003 , 05:40 PM
Wait till you see the legs! I am going to use M's idea, but I am also going to design them with the influence of the Atst Legs at the same time. user added image
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 107 06-03-2003 , 08:14 PM
Subscriber
holy cow!!! damn do you know how to model.... great source of inspiration for me!!!... thanx i needed that

# 108 06-03-2003 , 08:25 PM
Subscriber
Say hello to my little friend! user added image Sorry I couldn't resist. Awesome work Brian!

~GateKeeper
Not really certified not really new!
# 109 06-03-2003 , 11:50 PM
Subscriber
Brian... you amaze me more and more with each thing you do... have you done this before?? have you used another app other than maya or any 3D??

-Emo

# 110 07-03-2003 , 12:29 AM
Subscriber
NICE, how do you do that so fast!! I truly am amazed.. awesome job. BTW, thats cool that your going with my legs idea user added image. Just one thing, the legs in these images are not skinny like the arms on your robot.. they are really wide, and kinda go in a v shape down till the foot of the leg... cant wait to see what you get though user added image.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 111 07-03-2003 , 12:49 AM
Subscriber
AWESOME WORK - as ever user added image

I have just one point, might just be me but the head seems a little on the small side compared to the arms. Could just be me? It might look different when the whole body is finished.

Question about the surfaces - do you only convert to subds to do very fine tweaking and for rendering - or do you do a lot of tweaking in subds. Do you then have to crease all the edges to get nice sharp corners??

cheers - once again the bogs dollocks!!

rich

# 112 07-03-2003 , 12:59 AM
Um, trying to make him be really big, witch is why i am going to give him small head. Should look better when its done. I have been doing 3d for about 3 years, have allways used maya, and I use max every once in a while. thanks for the comments, I will try to work on it tonight, still need to finnish my jeep and Harrier stuff though. THanks!!
Brian

Got any pics M?? THanks
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 113 07-03-2003 , 01:56 AM
Subscriber
Wish i did brian, well... let me try to whip up a picture in photoshop.. for the kinda overhead view of the legs that i remember. Yea, just made the image... this is kinda what they are like, a lot more detail and cool stuff though user added image. Dont forget, 4 of these legs, 90 degrees around.. so 4 on the base... thats what i remember user added image.. once again, just an idea.

# 114 07-03-2003 , 04:15 AM
Your models are truly incredible!

mahalo,

Myk

<a href="https://www.metic.net" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" class="giveMeEllipsisa" target="_blank">www.metic.net</a><br />
# 115 07-03-2003 , 04:28 AM
HEY GUYS. decided to work on the model a bit tonight. Hmm.. Need your opinion... these are the thrusters. Haven't decided where to put them yet... Got this idea from my harrier animation I was working on earlier today... Why don't I put them on the back, with adjustable Nozzels at the end of the thrusters? Like a harrier? That way it can have the thrusters on the back, and give him a full range of motion... Hmm... Not sure. Let me know. ok? Thanks M for the reference! I think I remember the game. Were you talking about Armored Core? Haven't played that since PS1.lol. well let me know your opinion guys. Thanks for all of the encouragement!
Brian

btw if I put them on the back, then I probably wouldn't need the little ones on the side.

Please check
My (old) website!
# 116 07-03-2003 , 04:31 AM
Subscriber
Lol, yea armored core was the game user added image. That was a greatgame. Anyways, i love the thrusters user added image... and yea, putting these on the back of the mech would be awesome. Just make sure the jets are angled down user added image. I think if you took of the side ones, and duplicated this and put one on each side of his back.. then that could be cool. Then again im not sure. Anyways, once again.. that thing you modelled there would of taken me a week, and it would of looked nothing like that, lol. Awesome job.

# 117 07-03-2003 , 04:45 AM
hey brian, do you have a unique lambert, or default lighting? All or your WIP renders are smooth and buetifull

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 118 07-03-2003 , 04:50 AM
mainly just from screwing with the light colors on GI_Joe. For the WIP Section, I keep them the default grey color, maybe a little darker. Sometimes i will bring them into photoshop and ad one sharpen filter so that its...well...sharper. lol
Thats about it
Brian

btw the key is to make little changes to the color nothing to drastic. Thanks,
BE

Please check
My (old) website!
# 119 07-03-2003 , 05:24 AM
here is an update, this is the bottom for now, may still ad thrusters on his back. Thanks,
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 120 07-03-2003 , 05:34 AM
DUDE!!! Mate you got serious issues! Of the GOOD kind that is!!! Crap!!! WOW! I feel faint! user added image Keep rockin' Mate! I feel okay losing to you! user added image

May the force be with you...always!
A Jedi shall not know anger nor hatred nor Love
The only way to live a good life is to act upon your emotions
A warrior is reborn when he has something to protect