Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 06-03-2003 , 10:34 PM
Subscriber

Maya Layout

Here's a screenshot of how I reduced my interface for working in Maya.
Encircled in red (last used tool, snap buttons and channelbox/toolbox/attribute editor) are the only tools that I still want to see on my screen.
Is there a way to get them in a new hotbox menu or marking menu?

It'd be nice to actually work in full screen space since I only have a 17" monitor and am working in 1152*864.

# 2 06-03-2003 , 10:36 PM
Subscriber
sry, I forgat to add the pic:o
here it is:

# 3 06-03-2003 , 10:38 PM
Subscriber
ups, feel free to delete the previous msg administrator. sry about that.

# 4 06-03-2003 , 10:51 PM
You can create a shelf for those buttons, but you cant add the last used tool button as i changes all the time

user added image

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....
# 5 06-03-2003 , 11:01 PM
Subscriber
u dnt need a hotbox or anything cos there are hotkeys for them
attribute editor/layer view = ctrl A
snap to grid = hold x
snap to curve = hold c
snap to point = hold v

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com
# 6 06-03-2003 , 11:33 PM
Subscriber
I check out what I can do with some custom made shelves. Hopefully they won't take up too much space.
as for the hotkeys, thx Nem. I'll attach a little paper to my monitor to learn them fast as I'm using them.
Is there a hotkey for the Toolsettingswindow? I mean the one that's attached like the channelbox. Not a floating window.

# 7 07-03-2003 , 12:02 AM
There's a tutorial in the vid section showing you how to make custom marking menus. Highly recommended.

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job
# 8 08-03-2003 , 02:53 AM
Subscriber
Yeah, if you use these a whole bunch, you could just make yourself a custom marking menu. It's really simple to do. =]

- Chris L. Harkins -
# 9 08-03-2003 , 12:20 PM
Subscriber
ya, I know how to make one (saw the vids here and at digitaltutors) but I can't see the code in my script editor when I hit the middle button at the right-top (show/hide toolsettings).
Does anyone know a way to get that in a menu?
As for the snap tools, I've learned those hotkeys by now.
I'll leave the toolbox on for now until I make myself a shelf with more than just 1 button (last used tool) in ituser added image.

# 10 10-03-2003 , 10:06 PM
It's just:

ToggleToolSettings;

# 11 10-03-2003 , 11:25 PM
Subscriber
oh i missed this the first time, but u also circled sumthing in the toolboxon the left, that buttons ur last tool button, hotkey for that is "Y"

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com
# 12 11-03-2003 , 07:48 AM
Subscriber
thx Jozvex, I'll try that out tonight (at school nowuser added image) and Nem, thx for your answer but I already knew that buttonuser added image

I made 2 shelves for now (misc and poly), later to be added when I learn about the other techniques in Maya.
Since the Last used tool can't be in a shelf, I left the toolbox on so I can always see what the tool is set to.

<a href="https://www.d2lodshop.com" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" class="giveMeEllipsisa" target="blank">D2lodshop</a>
<a href="https://www.gatcity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" class="giveMeEllipsisa" target="blank">GAT City</a>
<a href="https://www.rhymbox.com" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" class="giveMeEllipsisa" target="blank">XMPP instant messaging</a>