Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 76 18-04-2003 , 10:33 AM
I really like your stuff. Although I am not an artist persay, I do REALLY appreciate creative and imaginative work.

BTW... give it to them ...LOL....I love it .....

(yep dogs indeed..)

"Si vis pacem para bellum" if you desire peace, prepare for war.
# 77 18-04-2003 , 10:51 AM
Subscriber
LOL Ponysgirl..great to see you like my stuff ..thankx

Alpha Gamma Sygma.
# 78 18-04-2003 , 10:52 AM
Subscriber

i hate CVs

check out the knee one of the vertices snapped somewhere in time and I cant seem to find it ..arrggghhhh

Alpha Gamma Sygma.
# 79 18-04-2003 , 11:08 AM
You are very welcome.

Besides they need a woman around to keep them on thier toes.
LMAO

Keep up the great work. I know you will find that snapped vertice....you sound like pony....*chuckles*

"Si vis pacem para bellum" if you desire peace, prepare for war.
# 80 18-04-2003 , 11:14 AM
Subscriber
its not a close enufe render to really see what is wrong.. and what do you meen it snaped ?? like it's totaly gone ? or its twisted up with some others and hiding some ? Also.. are you doing this in polys, nerbs, subD's ?

# 81 18-04-2003 , 11:37 AM
O_O

Thats all perfect stuff. The model is great and all the fire stuff,too.
great work.

# 82 18-04-2003 , 12:35 PM
Subscriber
tried to sleep kept dreaming of that freaking cv ..the model is in nurbs will probably change to poly's then subd ..I suck at modeling ...just wana throw some joints on her and pose her ..nothing fancy..thank god its not animation.....im also freaking out got some much homework for monday!!!aaaaaahhhh
Thankx for dropping by eagle,
ponysgirl ur awsome .
pony..u could teach me a thing or 2 about modeling ..

as for the CV if I dont find it I aint starting ova ..will leave it as a scar..lol

Alpha Gamma Sygma.
# 83 18-04-2003 , 12:45 PM
Subscriber
well I would think she would be scared buy being put in the cup. or what ever will happen in the final render.. you could set it to just wire frame in maya buy pressing 4. get close to the knee, and do a screen capture and post that so we can see if we can spot the problem. you can make a screen cap buy pressing the print screen button. its 2 above the delete. (problably) thin open paint and hit Controle V to past the screen in to paint and thin save as jpg..

btw not sure how you want her in the final render but if she will be small you don't have to have perfict detail on her. and we have untill the 30th.. do the home work, its good to take brakes from maya.. (if I only lissoned to my own advice ! )

# 84 18-04-2003 , 03:59 PM
Subscriber
Hey anita, i realise school probably sucks up 90% of your day and thats why modelling at this time is so crucial, right? Anyways, i state again just how great you are doing in this competition, and in such a short ammount of time! About the leg, if you are planning to continue modelling it in nurbs then save your scene.. then convert it to polys and go into wireframe like pony said and try to figure it out. Go on the "move" tool (W) then go into vertex mode and see if you can figure it out closely.. you probably know this but while moving verts if you hold down C and MMB click you can snap vertecies to other verts. Try that in poly mode and you may be able to figure out your problem. Also if you use the normals, the problem could be that you have to "conform" it, or "smooth" it, while in poly mode. I dont know too much about nurbs but i have seen what happened to you before. If you figure it out, then reload your nurbs version of the leg that you saved earlier and then continue modelling because now you know you can fix it in poly mode user added image. Like pony said, things like that dont usually show up in renders. Best of luck, and hope that crapload of homework doesnt make your weekend hell user added image.

)v(

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 85 19-04-2003 , 02:31 AM
Subscriber
thankx pony ..I did do the screen shot but somehow it didnt paste to paint anyway I must be doing something wrong ..
I'm sure its the graphic card now coz when I reopened the file everything looked fine then I rendered and the stuff show up in the render ..so I guess ill have to let my pc relax a bit before it doesnt reboot lol..
anyawya still working on the girl ..as I said I aint gonna stich or anything she's gonna be small probably with some shader etc ...

M thankx for the help ...ironicly it showed up in the render and not in my scene as I said im going to forget about it cos its my graphic card need to get a better one ..
Thankx ..kisses

Alpha Gamma Sygma.
# 86 19-04-2003 , 02:33 AM
Subscriber

eheh

a little scene from behind ..lol
a little hardware render...

Alpha Gamma Sygma.
# 87 19-04-2003 , 02:36 AM
Subscriber
nice ass Anita! maybe your and my models can have a wet t-shirt contest after this?

Check out the subsurfacescattering on my tongue...

<a href="https://www.reitzmachine.com">www.reitzmachine.com</a>
# 88 19-04-2003 , 04:25 AM
Subscriber
lol ...I guess maybe if M wants.user added image

Alpha Gamma Sygma.
# 89 19-04-2003 , 06:54 AM
Subscriber
Hahaha, wOOOt user added image. I would have to say yes user added image. I feel like i know ya in person anita user added image. Anyways, yes.. that was a nice ass user added image. Ok, i have to hit the sack.... ttyl.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 90 19-04-2003 , 08:47 AM
Subscriber
LOL M ..yeah me too im gonna try modeling the curtains tonight for my devil ..the girl is almost ready to go will post a quick look soon ...
cyluser added image

Alpha Gamma Sygma.