Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 17-04-2003 , 12:32 PM

maya school in europe

hey guys and gals

i am looking for a maya course or school
english or german
during summer

i found the escapestudios.co.uk
london (cool city [expensive though])
~8800€ (i don´t know if its cheap)
8 weeks (sounds good to me)

what do you think
do you know others
´cause in the google searches there are thousands of american schools but no european

cheers
kris - vienna

# 2 18-04-2003 , 02:55 PM
Subscriber
Hi splintah,

Ive been looking at Escape Studios myself...as far as im aware, its the only official Maya learning centre in Europe. If its true its a shame. Anyway, Escape Studios looks really impressive, and yes it is expensive but I think maybe its standards justify the expense...I dunno...Im going to try and get hold of a prospectus, if they have one...

If I hear of any other training centres in Europe I'll post them here...

Good Luck!user added image

# 3 21-04-2003 , 07:53 PM
if you are looking for a degree course in computer animation then bournemouth uni has the best course in the UK (if not europe!). I'm doing the masters program here right now and it is fantastic (we dont only do maya though it's much more diverse)

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB