Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 16 28-04-2003 , 01:57 PM
Subscriber
HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!!!! i have only 12 hours (or so) left to use my computer, after that i will have to send it by cargo to India,, darn... need help!!! plz... can any give me some ideas, i am sick tired here, just some ideas to make this look more mechanical and like a spy bug, you know, with all the spy gadgets, but should be super small.. i cant think of anything.. please help!

Thanks in advance

# 17 28-04-2003 , 02:03 PM
Subscriber
Hey tariqrf, add a machine gun turret underneath where its belly is user added image. Or give it a satellite dish on its head, or tail user added image.. just some ideas.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 18 28-04-2003 , 06:34 PM
Subscriber
i added a "missile launcher" already.. but a sattelite dish... hmmmm...

# 19 29-04-2003 , 05:43 AM
Subscriber
Small update... It's getting hard to come up with stuff, but fun at the same time user added image

God Bless you and 3D
# 20 29-04-2003 , 06:52 AM
Subscriber
Hey, GCastro.. lets see how you do on this user added image, looking great though. I just hope you dont win by default again.. as it seems tariqrf may of already packed up the computer user added image. Well.. same thing as last time anways, keep up the pace and cant wait to see this textured (required) and have the accessories by round 3 if tariqrf doesnt come back, or if ya beat him user added image. That image looks quite nice.. g/j. Ok.. bye.

# 21 29-04-2003 , 01:54 PM
Subscriber
Another update. I should finish up the accessories today and start texturing(I have no clue how to texture, but should be fun user added image )

Here you go:

God Bless you and 3D
# 22 29-04-2003 , 01:57 PM
Kevin
nice updates...

hey GCastro, its nice to see you getting involved mate!! well done dude

# 23 29-04-2003 , 02:05 PM
Subscriber
Thanks Kevin. This tournament has been a great idea. Hopefully the it continues to gain in popularity, it's been great.

George

God Bless you and 3D
# 24 30-04-2003 , 01:52 AM
Subscriber
nope the pc has not been packed, i have opened it, but i have to burn out some 40 discs, so the pc will be busy burning,, ahhh,, anyway, i think george will win this, any chance of extending the time by 3 days ??? user added image,,

# 25 30-04-2003 , 02:11 AM
Subscriber
ok, no time

Final

# 26 30-04-2003 , 02:40 PM
Subscriber
GCastro. cant wait to see what you pul off today! You going to join me and pony in a modelling frenzy?!?!? user added image.

That is a very nice model tariqrf.. best of luck man.. its all up to how good GCastro does now. :O.

# 27 30-04-2003 , 03:02 PM
Subscriber
M, I've got most the modeling done already... Just tackling the texturing issue at the moment...

Not as easy as I thought it would be user added image

I'll start putting updates later in the evening, and have my final before midnight.. woohoo, this gonna be fun.

George

God Bless you and 3D
# 28 01-05-2003 , 02:25 AM
Subscriber
Ok,

I've got updates too guys user added image Hope I can get this done by midnight!

Here's a sail/pack thingy... I did this using maya's shaders and q couple shaders downloaded from highend3d.com

The sail looks a little washed out, wondering why that is... It's a lambert shade.. lit with GI_Joe. You think it's the lighting? Lambert has no specular slider right?

God Bless you and 3D
# 29 01-05-2003 , 02:27 AM
Subscriber
Also, what do you think of the sphere thingy? you like the color?
Think it should be more glowing?

Thanks for the input.

George

God Bless you and 3D
# 30 01-05-2003 , 02:45 AM
Subscriber
Holy shiaat! I love it! Its looking wonderful! The sphere is one thing that makes it look awesome I say keep it! Maybe put a torus around it though, as its kinda just... there.. Or do something around it like extrude inwards to make it look like its a bit into the mechanism user added image.. keep it up!.