Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 08-05-2003 , 04:33 AM
Subscriber

Time ranges, for models

Hey, lets say I want to tell someone that I can model a Freight Truck. How much time is reasonable that I should say it takes me? Like, I could pick up a couple bucks to model a truck for someone.. but I was thinking for a low detailed truck around 20 hours, and a high detailed truck close to 50 (including the full modelled tires, hub caps, bolts on metal etc)? This is just what I feel it would take me to do a great job. But yea, let me know if you heard that it would take 50 hours to model a freight truck if you would agree. If not, what do you think is an appropriate ammount of time that you would agree on? Thanks user added image.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 2 08-05-2003 , 04:40 AM
The Maya Mountain
depends on low or high res.

I suppose I'll comment for low-res (games). Most of my character models take approximately 5-10 hours modeling, 15-20 hours UV layout and textures. My environment models so far, have been comparable (Goblin Tree was about 15 modeling hours, 20 texturing hours).

I would suppose experience plays a part too. My very first character took me a month, and it was crap. :p

# 3 08-05-2003 , 04:50 AM
Subscriber
Heheh, you say your very first character was crap and took you a long time.. i bet you werent callin it crap back then! hehehe. Well thanks mike for the responce.. So, for texturing and modelling a high res truck... 40 (min) to 55 (max) hours would be a good range? user added image, just wondering. THanks again.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com