View Poll Results: Do you vote for black robe, or witchy
Black robe 7 41.18%
Witchy 10 58.82%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 16 22-05-2003 , 05:07 PM
Thanks witchy, Ive given it a rest for a couple of hours... I do have a social life after all...sorta user added image

Black_Robe

''Where do we go now?Where do we go now?...''
# 17 22-05-2003 , 09:45 PM
Well the girlfriends gone home and now I can get back to work. Ive lifted the shell up a bit to give it some height.Also started on the details by giving the shell the bumpy bits around the edges....You guys think it looks ok? Also not the evil red eyes user added image

Attached Thumbnails

Black_Robe

# 18 22-05-2003 , 09:54 PM
Again, sorry for posting too many pics, M if this is too much then please tell me to stop or remove them from the posts.Do you guys think this is ok?Ive made it a bit taller and narrower.I need to know if it looks good to continue working on it, thanks user added image

Attached Thumbnails

Black_Robe

# 19 22-05-2003 , 11:25 PM
Subscriber
Hey blackrobe.. pictures are great! Maybe out of 5 posts, instead post 4.. you know? Like its not that big ofa deal but for the server it can rake up.. i think. Anyways, the crab is lookin great! Sorry to hear about the scanner.. and you do not have to post refrence images. Anyways, everything is lookin good and one thing though.. the legs seem too long too me.. i like the size of the pinchers (nice and big user added image).. but the legs seem that they should be a bit shorter and instead of sprawled all the way out, curved in like a < shape user added image. Anyways, other than that.. its comin along great.. and i love the red eye idea, make that plate behind the eye black for sure. Anyways, other than that.. you could add some funky stuff on its shell if you wanted to user added image. YOu have done a lot though already..keep up the good work user added image.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 20 23-05-2003 , 10:24 AM
thanks for the tips on the legs i knew there was something wrong witht them user added image

Black_Robe

# 21 23-05-2003 , 12:43 PM
Here is a VERY quick texture test, plain lamberts all over.I know it looks too red/orange but I just wanted to get an idea.I think that I'll UVW texture it if I have time to learn how to do it.Also I pulled tghe legs in a bit but I dont think I'll make them like <''> if you know what I mean...

Attached Thumbnails

Black_Robe

# 22 23-05-2003 , 04:09 PM
Subscriber
I think we have a winner 8). Looking very nice.

# 23 23-05-2003 , 07:22 PM
Subscriber
Couple of updates; unsmoothed and undetailed wire showing basic shape in place;

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by Witchy; 23-05-2003 at 07:26 PM.
# 24 23-05-2003 , 07:25 PM
Subscriber
More shape and smoothing.

Fish is working his way towards mutant-hood- he's going to have hands instead of fins and the odd accessory. No pics of that yet though 8).

Attached Thumbnails
# 25 23-05-2003 , 08:01 PM
Subscriber
And last one, with an eye.

# 26 23-05-2003 , 08:02 PM
Subscriber
Sorry, it didn't attach the image 8).

Attached Images
# 27 23-05-2003 , 10:30 PM
thats looking really good witchy, cartoony, nice user added image The eye is is pretty cool.Anyone got any ideas how to make a glowing texture that I could use for the eyes?Would I have to use a special lighting system?Im crap with Lighting and textureing user added image

Black_Robe

# 28 23-05-2003 , 10:33 PM
just use any texture and the attribute additor >special effects increase the glow intensity
thats what i did for my crab's eyes

- TwEeK
# 29 23-05-2003 , 10:43 PM
cool thanks for that user added image

Black_Robe

# 30 24-05-2003 , 02:12 AM
Subscriber
way to go to both of you guys-

Witchy- how did you go about making that initial shape? from a box? or did you use the create poly tool then the split poly tool?

also ... user added image does anyone know if there a way to work on a low poly half while a subdivided instance of it udates...? (did that make any sense?!?! I am quite tierd now...)

BlackRobe- I hear ya about the PLE watermark... but hey its free right? I will paying of my copy of Maya for the rest of the year user added image

H!