View Poll Results: Who do you vote for, Twisteddragon or Hybrid?
Twisteddragon 1 11.11%
Hybrid 8 88.89%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 61 16-06-2003 , 02:56 AM
Simply Maya OG
How about some lightage/glowage? user added image

Attached Images

- Hybrid
# 62 16-06-2003 , 02:58 AM
vectorman, actually.. a spoiler is usually part of the car itself, usually a small uplift in the tail and that is used to decrease drag by changing the way the air flows off the car. sometimes a ducktail is used aswell. A wing is used to create drag force down on a car for more traction, the thing he made however.. is more like a wing because of the sharp slop it has on it so high off the car it would not change drag but increase downforce.

... um.. QWA!

My car is coming along, but i have a fealing hybrid killed me on this. texture wise he deffinitly got me. ive been looking for shaders and have no clue what im doing on textures.

# 63 16-06-2003 , 03:53 AM
Subscriber
right, when you said downforce, i had a flashback to TECH ED in middle school, drag is backwards right??? Oops thought it was down, yes i meant down. Is that right about the spoiler? My B there too. okay so i STAND CORRECTED hehe, they still annoy me on consumer cars tho = )

I wasn't under the impression that there were two types in that sense, i did know there was two different kinds, the Upside down airfoil, and the angled flat peice. Thanx for letting us know twisted, oh yah and GET TO WORK. Bryds gonna kill you otherwise.........

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2
# 64 16-06-2003 , 04:46 AM
i have been working since 5. and i stopped at 10.. i got almost nothign done cause i was trying to get shaders to work...

yeah.. hybrid will kill me. but. i did learn a lot.

And the drag pulls a car.. some cars have a spoiler then forces are coming off the car to flow up... so when it flows back down it kinda hits itself and diffuses. But without it, the air would run off. and start like a min whirlwind pulling the car into its own vaccum the faster it goes the harder the grag.

Wings are manily used for racers... they really dont effect all that much, but if you have soe of the lighter cars, they usually use wings becauser after about 90 mph you will loose traction...

i have to stop talking to my dad before i get going on motorcycles.

# 65 16-06-2003 , 04:51 AM
Subscriber
90mph on lighter cars? hmm my estimate is off, you know you're shi*t dude. But i just have an advanced logic system and i estimate EVERYTHING. But i'm often wrong on estimation, but i always know when to trust it. i pulled 150 out of my ass, but on heavier cars not a bad estimate eh? well SHOW us something Twisted, even if it don't look like much.

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
# 66 16-06-2003 , 05:09 AM
well... most street legal cars are heavier than racing cars in most cases. racing cars are specifically very light, very aeruodynamic, very strong engine to b fast.

Street cars are tricked out, heavier body, with more stuff and weaker engine. so they dont normally need any wings. mostly spoiler. cause even at 50 you will get a good deal of drag without a spoiler.

Some street cars are light enough they do need a wing, because turning they may loos traction on the back( wing pushes down the tail end to keep friction), they will fishtail without them easily.

mini update

Attached Thumbnails
# 67 16-06-2003 , 05:40 AM
hey twisted. who is this on your AIM?
RsEagle user added image

# 68 16-06-2003 , 12:27 PM
Simply Maya OG
That would be me, Eagle. user added image (Pssst. chech my profile) ...Isnt lightwave so complex? user added image

- Hybrid
# 69 16-06-2003 , 01:47 PM
Simply Maya OG
Test render, hot off the press user added image

Attached Thumbnails

- Hybrid
# 70 16-06-2003 , 05:13 PM
Subscriber
i like the red light under the car ! you car is beatiful (soo tuned user added image ) can we have a closer view of the window they look like ....red??
cool car m8 user added image

Sorry but my english is very poor !
MaY ThE FoRcE Be WiTh YoU !
# 71 16-06-2003 , 05:59 PM
yeah lightwave is a pain.. i cant get any shaders to work... no plugins.. and everything constantly screws up and my model keeps crapping out on me...

Well.. i think im gunna get to work. i had an idea on what to do for some things during my english final (of all the time)

So i better get working right now.

Cyrius, lol... your sig says your english is poor but i think its better than mine most of the time. Says your in frnch, i can assume you speak french?

# 72 16-06-2003 , 09:21 PM
Heres an update.. im really hating this model.. so i might ditch it and try for something else... :-\, hope i have time.

Attached Thumbnails
# 73 17-06-2003 , 12:12 AM
k i redid the model (for those of you keeping track, this is model number 4). I decided to do it piece by piece. Then fit them together. I have the door and the side pantels up to the tire wheel well done. and coming along finely so far.

ill give a ref soon.

# 74 17-06-2003 , 04:29 PM
Subscriber
yes speak french it doesn t disturb me user added image i like the shape of your new new new new model user added image . Lightwave is a very hard program but when you get in .... damn... it s exellent !

Sorry but my english is very poor !
MaY ThE FoRcE Be WiTh YoU !
# 75 17-06-2003 , 04:41 PM
Subscriber
Twisted is never gonna have time for the details! Gotta stop scrapping you're work dude, i mena this IS a battle! only 12 days left....