Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 12-07-2003 , 09:14 AM

the dragon

Ok, I have started to work on my 1st BIG project (meaning modeling, texturing and animation all at my best) and I am already swearing like a trooper... not very lady-like, I realize...
I am modeling this dragon putting as much detail in it as I can, and obviously, my computer is giving me hell. So things are proceeding slowly. I have done much of the dragon modeling, so now I am going down to the details. This is a general shape for the head.

Attached Thumbnails

Sy
# 2 12-07-2003 , 11:08 AM
Subscriber
I like it... now give him bigger teeth user added image

-Emo

# 3 13-07-2003 , 11:28 PM
lol emo's right the teeth dont look menacing enough for a dragon! user added image

I think that the bottom of the jaw and the top of the snout are too flat at the moment you may want to tweak those a bit to give it a bit more character.

You're doing well so far, and I know exactly what you mean about having your computer give you hell when you try and do something on it!! user added image

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 4 14-07-2003 , 01:07 AM
Thanks for the feedback! Plenty of tweeking and detailing to do still. Here is an update.

Attached Thumbnails

Sy
# 5 15-07-2003 , 01:09 AM
New update.

Attached Thumbnails

Sy
# 6 15-07-2003 , 01:35 AM
Subscriber
can you post a wireframe of that plz?
and is there a body to be shown?

<a href="https://www.d2lodshop.com" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" class="giveMeEllipsisa" target="blank">D2lodshop</a>
<a href="https://www.gatcity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" class="giveMeEllipsisa" target="blank">GAT City</a>
<a href="https://www.rhymbox.com" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" class="giveMeEllipsisa" target="blank">XMPP instant messaging</a>
# 7 15-07-2003 , 06:45 PM
Here is the wireframe.
The reason I haven't posted the entire body is that I have roughly modeled the entire dragon first, and now I am going through it little by little to refine the model. Now I am still working on the head. I didn't want to post the body which I know needs tons of work, just to get a series of replies about things I already know need done to the body, that's all...

Attached Thumbnails

Sy
# 8 15-07-2003 , 10:56 PM
Are the teeth scary enough now?

Attached Thumbnails

Sy
# 9 15-07-2003 , 11:00 PM
Subscriber
Much better teeth. Does he have a tounge yet? user added image

Björn 'santa' Fredriksson

<A href=https://www.bjornfredriksson.com>Site Online.</A>

Check out our 1on1on1 battle for the SandCrawlers.
# 10 15-07-2003 , 11:01 PM
Yeah good point you know, I was thinking the same thing... Do dragons have like a flat tongue or a forked one like snakes?

Sy
# 11 15-07-2003 , 11:05 PM
Subscriber
I guess its up to you, I'd make a flat one. I would also recess the eyebrow a bit, giving him more of a field of view. Good luck user added image

Björn 'santa' Fredriksson

<A href=https://www.bjornfredriksson.com>Site Online.</A>

Check out our 1on1on1 battle for the SandCrawlers.
# 12 16-07-2003 , 12:13 AM
Subscriber
About the tongue, do you really need it since he'll be breathing Fire from his mouth? user added image

-Emo

# 13 16-07-2003 , 03:15 AM
Well, that was the other thing I was thinking of... (I have being doing some thinking, you know? mumble mumble... user added image
I wonder if first I should do the fire-breathing part and then, if it is really obvious that his mouth is empty, add the tongue later...

Sy
# 14 17-07-2003 , 09:34 AM
I have been working on the wings lately.

Attached Thumbnails

Sy
# 15 17-07-2003 , 09:52 AM
Subscriber
looking at the last picture I see a few things I would work on if I was you

1) the tail - make it so it's a little fatter in the beginning and pointy at the end ( I see you did that but not enough)

2) He looks like he hasn't eaten anything in weeks... give him a bit rounded belly user added image

3) at the start of the wings, do the same as the tail, a little thicker so it looks like they can support the wings

4) the front hands need a bit work

everything else is looking good! user added image

-Emo