Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 14-07-2003 , 08:46 AM

A Question

Hey I got a question for you folks. I been linguring around a while and been playing with maya ect. I really want to start taking this thing seriously. Now I used to be an ok hand drawn artist however games got the better of me and I stopped drawing so im really rusty.

My main question is should I really concentrate on bringing my hand drawing up again then learn the modeling part or could I dive right into the maya and computer art. I am already very proficient in PS ect.

Its the computer art that REALLY spikes my interest. I really don't care for hand drawing anymore. Is there anyway around this or should I start with the pencil again. I will have to do the hand art again eventually but I mean for right now.

Anyhow, I enjoy all your art work. Keep up the good work. And when I get the cash to sign up for the life time thing on this site Kevin will be getting a chunk of cash from me user added image .

BTW kevin this is sphere's new alias. I thought it was time for a change of alias. Got this one from my favorite anime, you can guess which one that is.

Ghost

# 2 14-07-2003 , 03:10 PM
Well, im sure hand drawing is a good thing, but I dont have any skills whatsoever, so id say it all depends on your imagination and being able to go with the flow.

It's Dr. Know, Not Darknow
# 3 14-07-2003 , 03:14 PM
Subscriber
The pro's say that having traditional art skills are always favourable. I cant draw, but I find it a disadvantage at times. I say, work at both. If you could draw fairly good and just need to brush up the old skills, it should not take that much effort.

Björn 'santa' Fredriksson

<A href=https://www.bjornfredriksson.com>Site Online.</A>

Check out our 1on1on1 battle for the SandCrawlers.
# 4 14-07-2003 , 03:24 PM
Kevin
welcome Ghost-VE!

hope you enjoy your time here and learn much user added image

# 5 14-07-2003 , 04:01 PM
I guess its back to the paper I go then 8P. I thought that might be the case cause it teaches you character moods ect. Also easier to get ideas on paper first. Thanks for the replies.

# 6 14-07-2003 , 04:10 PM
Thats true. I really need to learn to draw lol.

It's Dr. Know, Not Darknow